QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4189 4-Way Fiber Optic Switch / Converter
- PORT CONNECTORS: Ports 1, 2 are 10 Base FL fiber optic ports, dual ST; ports 3, 4 are 100 Base FX fiber optic ST duplex ports; COMMON port is 10/100 Base-TX, RJ45.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Pushbuttons to select network port. (No REMOTE Control port)
- DISPLAY: (4) Status red LED's; (4) Link red LED's.
- POWER: UL approved 110-240VAC / 47-63Hz wall mount power module
supplies power to the unit, P/N 520943.
- FIBER OPTIC PORT INTERFACE: Ports 1, 2 are 850 nm, speed 10 Mbps, full duplex; Ports 3, 4 are 1300 nm, speed 100 Mbps, full duplex.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron
- DIMENSIONS: 11" W x 2.7" H x 8.5" D. [27.9 x 6.9 x 21.6 cm]
- WEIGHT: 3 lbs. [1.4 kg]
MODEL 4189 FIBER OPTIC 1/2/3/4 SWITCH CONVERTER FUNCTIONAL DIAGRAM: Fiber Optic 4-Way Switch Converter diagram shows ports 1 and 2 as ST Duplex fiber optic, 850 nm / 10FX; ports 3 and 4 are ST Duplex fiber optic, 1300 nm, 100BaseFX. The built-in electronics will automatically convert the COMMON port to 10Base-T or 100Base-T twisted pair media depending on the port selected.
QuickSwitch® 4189 4-Way Fiber Optic Switch/Converter allows use to access any one of four separate fiber optic network ports 1, 2, 3, or 4, from a computer connected to the COMMON 100Base-TX port. The fiber optic / twisted pair media conversion is built-in! Ports 1 and 2 are 850 nm and 10 Mbps ST Duplex Multimode fiber optic ports; ports 3 and 4 are 1300 nm 100 Mbps ST Duplex Multimode fiber optic ports. Customized configurations are available. The selected fiber optic network port is converted to either 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T depending on the selected fiber optic port speed.
QuickSwitch® 4189 is controlled from the front panel pushbutton switches only. Front panel control is as simple as depressing the button of the desired network port. LED indicators display the switch position status, as well as the presence of the fiber optic link.
- Access any one of four separate fiber optic networks from one computer
- Network ports 1 & 2 are 850nm 10 Mbps ST duplex multimode fiber optic ports. Network ports 3 & 4 are 1300nm 100 Mbps ST duplex multimode fiber optic ports. ST duplex shown. SC is available.
- Based on the selected port, the COMMON port will automatically convert to the proper 10 BASE-T or 100 BASE-T speed.
- Internal circuitry insures isolation between networks/devices
- Acts as a signal source, no optical signal loss
- LED display indicates switch position and fiber link presence at a glance.
- Simple pushbutton switching eliminates the need to plug/unplug fiber optic patchcords thus minimizing connector wear, and increasing system reliability.
- Spare power supply available, P/N 520943.
- Other fiber optic interface network ports are available.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA Terms.
To view the article: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email:firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our Online Custom Fiber Opatic Switch Form.
All ESL products are available for export.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.