QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® Model 5191 8-Way Fiber Optic Switch/Converter with Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: Ports 1-8 are 100 Base FX fiber optic SC duplex ports.
(1) COMMON port is RJ45 10/100 Base-TX.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) pushbuttons to select network port.
- DISPLAY: (8) Status red LED's; (8) Link red LED's.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORT: RS232 serial port, RJ45 connector.
- POWER: Wide Range (Cat No 511115) CE, and UL listed table mount power module100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz is included with the unit. Ideal for international applications.
- WAVELENGTH: 1300nm.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron.
- DIMENSIONS: 11" W x 2.7" H x 8.5" D. (27.9 x 6.9 x 21.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
FUNCTION BLOCK DIAGRAM: Fiber Optic 1-8 Switch Converter with SC Duplex Multimode and a COMMON RJ45 Ethernet port (10/100BASE-T) along with am RJ45 Remote port. The built-in electronics will automatically convert the COMMON port to 10/100Base-T twisted pair media. The RJ45 Remote port allows the user to remotely control the switch converter remotely using ASCII RS232 commands.
- Access any one of eight separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- All eight network ports are 1300nm 100 Mbps SC duplex multimode fiber optic ports.
- The COMMON port converts the selected fiber optic network port to the 10/100Base-TX interface.
- Internal circuitry insures isolation between networks/devices.
- Acts as a signal source, no optical signal loss.
- Remotely control the unit from the RS232 Serial Remote port.
- Remote is password protected.
- Simple pushbutton switching eliminates plugging and unplugging fiber optic patchcords, minimizing connector wear and increasing system reliability.
- LED display indicates switch position and fiber optic link presence at a glance.
- Other fiber optic interface network ports are available.
- A 4-Port model is available.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
QuickSwitch® 5191 8-Way Fiber Optic Switch/Converter with remote control allows the user to access any one of eight separate fiber optic network ports, 1-8, from a computer connected to the COMMON 10/100 Base-TX port. The fiber optic / twisted pair media conversion is built in! Ports 1-8, are 1300nm 100 Mbps SC multimode fiber optic ports (ST Duplex is available). Customized configurations are available.
QuickSwitch® 5191 control is as simple as pushing the button of the desired network port. LED indicators display the switch position status, as well as the presence of the fiber optic link. QuickSwitch® 5191 Remote operation enables the remote user to change the switch position, query the switch position status, and lockout front panel operation.
QuickSwitch® 5191 is fully compliant with the 802.3 micron 100Base-FX standard.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.