QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4198 8-Way Fiber Optic A/B Switch / Converter with Remote Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: Ports 1 - 8 are 100 Base FX fiber optic ST duplex ports. COMMON port is 100 Base-T RJ45.
- FIBER OPTIC INTERFACE: Wavelength 1300 nm, speed 100 Mbps, multimode fiber, full duplex transmission.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Pushbuttons to select network port.
- DISPLAY: (8) Status red LED's; (8) Link red LED's.
- REMOTE PORT: RS232 serial port, RJ45 connector.
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC / 60HZ wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: 11" W x 2.7" H x 8.5" D
- WEIGHT: 3 lbs.
QuickSwitch® 4198 Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- QuickSwitch® fiber optic network switch/converter allows access to any one of eight separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- Simple pushbutton switching eliminates plugging and unplugging fiber optic patchcords, minimizing connector wear and increasing system reliability.
- All eight network ports are 1300nm 100 Mbps ST duplex multimode fiber optic ports.
- The COMMON port converts the selected fiber optic network port to the 100BaseTX interface.
- Internal circuitry insures isolation between networks/devices.
- Acts as a signal source, no optical signal loss.
- Remotely control the unit from the RS232 serial Remote port.
- LED display indicates switch position and fiber link presence at a glance.
- Other fiber optic interface network ports are available.
- A 4-port model is available.
QuickSwitch® 4198 AB Switch allows user access any one of eight separate fiber optic networks ports, 1-8, from a computer connected to the COMMON 100 Base-TX port. The fiber optic / twisted pair media conversion is built in! Ports 1-8, are 1300nm 100 Mbps ST multimode fiber optic ports. SC duplex is available. Customized configurations are available.
QuickSwitch® can be controlled from front panel pushbuttons or remotely via an RS232 serial management port. Front panel control is as simple as pushing the button of the desired network port. LED indicators display the switch position status, as well as the presence of the fiber optic link. QuickSwitch® Remote operation enables the remote user to change the switch position, query the switch position status, and lockout front panel operation.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4184 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.