QuickSwitch® 6195 All-Optic SC Duplex A/B/C/D Switch with Serial Remote Control
Ideal for secure systems and networks applications.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) SC Duplex Fiber Optic connectors, A,B, C, D and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- FIBER SIZE: 50/125 micron
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.82" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 22.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg)
SC DUPLEX A/B/C/D APPLICATION WITH SERIAL REMOTE CONTROL:
The drawing illustrates a device connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port sharing among four fiber optic networks connected to the Fiber Optic SC Duplex A, B, C, and D ports. The DB9 Remote port can be used for Remote Management of the QuickSwitch® 6195 via ASCII RS232 Serial Data commands.
- Access any one of four separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology and supports Gigabit data rates.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Retains last switch position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit will power up to the "A" position.
- Remote Control RS232 ASCII command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- All A, B, C, D and COM ports are SC Duplex Multi-mode 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
QuickSwitch® 6195 SC Duplex A/B/C/D Fiber Optic Network Switch with Serial Remote Control allows a fiber optic device connected to the SC duplex COMMON connector of the unit to access any of four fiber optic networks connected to the A/B/C/D ports. The switch position can be changed either by the front panel pushbutton, or by a device connected to the Remote port located on the rear panel.
Remote access can be accomplished by RS232 commands sent via the Remote Serial Port. Users can remotely monitor status and control switch functions. The QuickSwitch® 6195 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6195 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.