Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7301 8-to-1 DB9 Switch with Contact Closure and RS232 Serial Remotes
- Dual Remote Control ports provide flexible remote management capability.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) DB9 female connectors labeled
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (8) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL:
- (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- (1) HD26 female connector accepts Contact Closure signals.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.16" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 25.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.0 lbs. (2.72 kg)
DB9 8-TO-1 SWITCH APPLICATION WITH RS232 REMOTE & CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON Device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to eight devices connected to the DB9 ports labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H.
There are two remote ports;
- DB9 port for RS232 Serial Control
- HD26 port for Contact Closure Signaling.
- Allows access to eight networks from one computer or workstation.
- Switches all 9 pins of the DB9 interface.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions through the DB9 Remote.
- Remote Contact Closure commands are accepted and allow the user to control the switch position through the HD26 (F) Remote port.
- Mating HD26 (M) solder cup connector provided for the HD26 (F) Remote port.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel LED's display the switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB9 data cables for this switch are available.
The PathWay® Model 7301 8-to-1 DB9 Switch with both Contact Closure and RS232 Serial Remotes allow the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COM port among eight other devices connected to the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H ports. The Model 7301 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from a DB9 (F) port located on the rear of the unit using Serial ASCII Commands. It may also be controlled by contact closure through the HD26 (F) port. Switch position states may be attained locally via the front panel LED display or remotely using Serial Commands.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Don't Forget to order Your Custom Cables, Custom Length!
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.