QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4193 8-Way Fiber Optic Switch / Converter
- CONNECTORS: Ports 1 - 8 are 100 Base FX fiber optic ST duplex ports. COMMON port is 100 Base-T RJ45.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Pushbuttons to select network port. (No REMOTE Control port).
- DISPLAY: (8) Status red LED's; (8) Link red LED's.
- POWER: UL approved 100/240VAC / 50/60HZ wall mount power module supplies power to the unit, P/N 522586.
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm speed
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
- DIMENSIONS: 11.32" W x 3.0" h x 9.34" D (28.8 x 7.7 x 23.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
FUNCTION BLOCK DIAGRAM: Fiber Optic 1-8 Switch Converter with ST Duplex Multimode and a COMMON RJ45 Ethernet port (10/100BASE-T). The built-in electronics will automatically convert the COMMON port to 10/100Base-T twisted pair media.
QuickSwitch® 4193 8-Way ST Duplex 100Base-FX Switch/Converter allows the user the capability of sharing any one of eight single port interface devices via ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, from a workstation or device, connected to the "COMMON" port. The QuickSwitch® 4193 is packaged in a slim desktop enclosure.
All eight of the fiber optic ports are 1300nm, 100Mbps ST Duplex Multimode ports. The built in electronics will automatically convert the common port to 10/100 Base-T twisted pair media.
QuickSwitch® 4193 is controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons. The switch position status and fiber optic link presence can be determined by the front panel LED's.
The QuickSwitch® 4193 is fully compliant with the 802.3 Micron 100Base-FX standard.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- When power is lost, unit isolates all communication ports and does not pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the last known position.
- Front panel LED's display present Status and Link.
- The COMMON port is a 10/100Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The 10/100 Base TX "COMMON" port will convert and pass data to and from the selected fiber port.
- All fiber optic ports are ST Duplex connectors, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300 nm and speeds of 100 Mbps.
- All fiber ports are standard fiber optic transceivers that receive and drive the fiber optic signal, where the TX is on the left and the RX is on the right.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- Spare power supply available, P/N 522586.
- Other fiber optic interface network ports are available.
- A 6-port model is available. See Model 4191, Cat No 303191 (No Remote)
- A 4-port model is available. See Model 4189, Cat. No. 303189 (No Remote)
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA Terms.
To view the article: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email:firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our Online Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form.
All ESL products are available for export.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.