QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 4193 8-Way Fiber Optic Switch / Converter
- CONNECTORS: Ports 1 - 8 are 100 Base FX fiber optic ST duplex ports.
- COMMON port is 100 Base-T RJ45.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (8) Pushbuttons to select network port. (No REMOTE Control port).
- DISPLAY: (8) Status red LED's; (8) Link red LED's.
- POWER: UL approved 100/240VAC / 50/60HZ wall mount power module supplies power to the unit, P/N 522586.
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm speed
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
- DIMENSIONS: 11.32" W x 3.0" h x 9.34" D (28.8 x 7.7 x 23.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
QuickSwitch® Model 4193 Function Block Diagram:
The Model 4193 Fiber Optic 1-8 Switch Converter with ST Duplex Multimode and a COMMON RJ45 Ethernet port (10/100BASE-T). The built-in electronics will automatically convert the COMMON port to 10/100Base-T twisted pair media.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- When power is lost, the Model 4193 unit isolates all communication ports and does not pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the last known position.
- Front panel LED's display present Status and Link.
- The COMMON port is a 10/100Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The 10/100 Base TX "COMMON" port will convert and pass data to and from the selected fiber port.
- All fiber optic ports are ST Duplex connectors, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300 nm and speeds of 100 Mbps.
- All fiber ports are standard fiber optic transceivers that receive and drive the fiber optic signal, where the TX is on the left and the RX is on the right.
- A 6-port model is available. See Model 4191, Cat No 303191 (No Remote)
- A 4-port model is available. See Model 4189, Cat. No. 303189 (No Remote)
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA Terms.
The QuickSwitch® Model 4193 8-Way ST Duplex 100Base-FX Switch/Converter allows the user the capability of sharing any one of eight single port interface devices via ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, from a workstation or device, connected to the "COMMON" port. The QuickSwitch® 4193 is packaged in a slim desktop enclosure.
All eight of the fiber optic ports are 1300nm, 100Mbps ST Duplex Multimode ports. The built in electronics will automatically convert the common port to 10/100 Base-T twisted pair media.
The QuickSwitch® Model 4193 is controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons. The switch position status and fiber optic link presence can be determined by the front panel LED's.
The QuickSwitch® Model 4193 is fully compliant with the 802.3 Micron 100Base-FX standard.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4193 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
TO READ THE ARTICLE EITHER CLICK THE LINK OR APPLICATION ICON AT TOP OF PAGE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.