Path Way Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC Coaxial
Model 7202-DCE 50 Ohm Impedance BNC A/B Switch Box with RS232 Serial Remote Port
Ideal for sharing laboratory test equipment having a BNC coaxial interface.
Field proven in university and high technology research laboratories
Remote RS232 Port pinout configured as a DCE device.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) BNC (F) connectors labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) REMOTE connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data. GUI Software Interface available as an option.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 5.44" W x 7.27" D x 2.26" H [13.9 x 18.5 x 5.8 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.2 lb, (0.6 kg)
50 OHM IMPEDANCE BNC NETWORK APPLICATION WITH RS232 REMOTE PORT:
All BNC ports are impedance matched to support 50 Ohm equipment. The diagram illustrates a shared test equipment (50 Ohm) connected to the COMMON port sharing between Device A (50 Ohm) and Device B (50 Ohm) connected to the A and B ports. The DB9 Remote accepts ASCII RS232 Serial data commands for Remote Control Operation. Optionally a GUI Interface (Cat No 527910) is available to remotely control the Model 7202-DCE .
MODEL 7202-DCE APPLICATION: Sharing Laboratory Test Equipment.
The application drawing illustrates a Remote Control from a GUI Software on the Laptop. Simply double click the Application Executable Icon to the launch the software. The user can then remotely control the Model 7202-DCE from the laptop to select the Shared Test Equipment.
For a BNC Switch with RS422 Remote Serial Data Port,
see the Model 7203, Catalog Number 307203.
For 93 Ohm BNC Switch, see Model 7402, Cat No 307402
For 75 Ohm BNC Switch, see Model 7302, Cat No 307302
- Switch locally via front panel pushbutton, or remotely via an RS232 Remote Serial Control port.
- Both the center and shell of the BNC interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- All BNC ports are impedance matched to support 50 Ohm equipment.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote RS232 Port pinout configured as a DCE device.
- Front panel LED's display switch present position and power status.
- Optional GUI Software can be used to control the switch and obtain switch status, for details, click here: Catalog# 527910 or see Accessories below.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length 50 Ohm BNC coaxial cables available for your switch installation. Call for quote.
The PathWay® Model 7202-DCE BNC 50 Ohm A/B Switch Box with Remote Control allows the user the capability of accessing two separate 50 Ohm BNC devices, ports A and B, via a connection through a device connected to the COMMON port of the switch. The Model 7202-DCE is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
Switch position state may be attained via the LED display on the front of the unit.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.