Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25/X.21
Model 7303 DB25/X.21 BIS Interface A/B Switch with Serial Remote Control, Rackmount
- Switches Any DB25 Interface!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows for local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9(F) connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data for remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50HZ/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.2" D. (43.3 x 4.5 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
DB25/X.21 BIS INTERFACE APPLICATION w/RS232 SERIAL REMOTE: The drawing illustrates a DB25/X.21 interface COMMON device connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access two DB25/X.21 BIS Interface Devices connected to the DB25 interface ports labeled A and B. A DB9 REMOTE control port can be used to remotely control the switch via RS232 ASCII commands, such as control switch position, lockout front panel operations, set pushbutton duration, and obtain switch status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25/X.21 BIS Interface devices from one COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, set pushbutton duration, and obtain switch status.
- Pushbutton operation requires pushbutton to be held for a configurable amount of time.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7303 Single Channel DB25/X.21 BIS Interface A/B switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port, among two other devices connected to the A and B ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7303 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 (female) Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The user may set Duration period which will require the operator to hold down the pushbutton for a period of time in order to change the switch position. If the pushbutton is released prior to the Duration period, the unit will not change position. The front panel LED dispaly indicates the switch position and unit power status. All connections are switched simultaneously for a total of 25 pins switched.
(Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet, Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.