Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5
Model 7007 RJ45 CAT5 A/B Switch Module with Contact Closure Remote Port
- System Expands to Meet Your Needs!
SPECIFICATIONS: Each Model 7007 Switch Module
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE/POWER: (1) 4-Pin female Phoenix connector accepts 48VDC from the Power/Control module that is part of the Model 9043 rack unit.
The connector also accepts remote control signals from the Power/Control module that is part of the Model 9043 rack unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Module 2.0" W x 5.0" H x 7.25" D. (5.1 x 12.7 x 18.4 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 0.7 lbs. (0.3 kg)
SPECIFICATIONS: Model 9043 Rack with Power/Control Module
- POWER: (1) 2-Pin External Power Supply INPUT connector requires 48 VDC be supplied to this module for distribution to the switch modules rack.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female INPUT connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for Remote Control Operation of all modules in the rack.
- CONTROL: (1) 4-Pin Phoenix connector. This port provides power and control to all modules via the Power/Control Bus Cable.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 5.25" H x 7.25" D. (48.3 x 13.3 x 18.5 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.6 lbs. (1.7 kg)
CAT5 A/B SWITCH MODULE APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE: The drawing illustrates one Model 7007 module. The Model 9043 rack can hold up to seven Model 7007 modules. Each module has a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COM port accessing two other devices connected to the A and B ports. The Model 9043 rack has a Power/Control Module to provide power to all Model 7007 modules in the modular rack system. A daisy chain cable is included in the system to distribute power to the modules and controls signals. (Cat. No. 987218)
- Each module allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, all modules switch based on Contact Closure of the Power/Control Module.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure control from the Power/Control Module provides dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat 5 compliance.
- The Model 7007 is a modular, rack-mount switch and is sold in conjunction with the Model 9043 rack
- The Model 9043 rack can accommodate up to seven model 7007's along with a Power/Control Module. Model 9043 Rack includes a Power/Control Module, which is responsible for powering and remotely controlling all the switches in the rack. A power/control bus cable (included) distributes the power and control signals among the modules.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7007 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate devices, ports A and B, via connection through a device connected to the Common port. The Model 7007 is an open frame module designed to be installed in the Model 9043 Rack.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton of the Model 7007 module, or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the Power/Control module. The manual pushbutton control allows individual module control while the DB9 Remote port throws all connected modules to the commanded position. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED's
The Model 9043 Rack with Power/Control Module accommodates up to 7 Model 7007 modules. The Model 9043 holds the Model 7007 modules and provides power to all modules with the included power bus cable. The Model 9043 is a 3U, full rack size chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack.
System Expands to meet your needs!
This modular approach to switch system requirements allows expansion to more channels on an as-needed basis. Filler panels are available to attractively cover unused module slots (See Cat No 305983 for 2-inch filler panel)
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form. /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are availabe for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.