Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, RS530
Model 7748 Single Channel RS530 DB25 A/B Switch with Cutoff Position, Telnet and GUI
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the Cutoff Position.
The ultimate FIREWALL!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) DB25 male connectors labeled A and B.
- (1) DB25 female connector labeled COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100Base-T LAN Access Ethernet interface port for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.24" D. [48.3 x 4.5 x 21.0 cm]
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs [2.1 kg]
PathWay® Model 7748 RS530 DB25 A/B w/CUTOFF, TELNET & GUI APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates a Shared Device connected to the DB25 female connector port labeled COMMON and Device A and Device B are connected to two DB25 male connector ports labeled A and B. There are two position choices shown, Position A selects Device A and Position B selects Device B. The RJ45 REMOTE port is LAN Ethernet 10/100Base-T for remote control of the unit via Telnet commands of Graphical User Interface. The Cutoff Position is managed by choosing the Default Position A or B via Telnet Commands or the GUI.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- On power loss, unit reverts to a Cutoff Position that isolates all communication ports.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the Default Position set by user via Telnet commands or GUI.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet Environment.
- Remote Control Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
The Pathway Model 7748 Single Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Cutoff Position, Telnet and GUI allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality.
Remote Control access can be accomplished using and Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or Graphical User Interface. The Model 7748 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ETHERNET REMOTE PORT, I.P ADDRESSABLE, WITH GUI
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7748's LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7748.
- Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control Default Position, Switch Position, lock and unlock front panel operations and obtain switch status.
- Users can change switch's IP address and configuration.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button for A or B, as desired.
Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.
See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the position and lockout from the GUI, as well as Select Default Position A or Default Position B.
Ask about our popular Model 900 EIA/TIA RS-530 Interface Analyzer
- Red and Green light emitting diodes indicate status of key signals at the EIA/TIA data interface.
- Easy to use, for fault isolation.
- Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,