PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e, RJ45
PathWay® Model 7421 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet
IP Addressable, Cat 5e Compliant. Remote Control Port accepts TELNET commands.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet for Remote Control operation. Password Protected.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 8.18" D x 1.75" H. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.8 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs. (1.9 kg)
CAT5e A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/TELNET REMOTE ACCESS:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COM port with access to Device A or Device B, connected to the RJ45 A and RJ45 B ports, respectively. An RJ45 Remote Ethernet port accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet commands for Remote Control operation of the Model 7421. IP Addressable! The Remote Ethernet access is password protected.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two RJ45 devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- The unit reverts to the A position on power down and continues to pass data.
- On power up, the unit maintains its position.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote control Telnet command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Cat 5e compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length Cat 5e cables available for your switch installation.
PathWay® Model 7421 RJ45 Cat5e A/B Switch with Telnet allows the user the capability of sharing a single port RJ45 interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The Model 7421 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
Remote access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection. Users can then monitor status, lockout front panel pushbutton control, and control switch position.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.