- Front panel pushbutton control.
- When power is lost, unit isolates all communication ports and does not pass data.
- When power is restored, the unit automatically switches to the last known position.
- Front panel LED's display present Status and Link.
- The Common Port is a 10/100Base TX Fast Ethernet port. The 10/100 Base TX "COMMON" port will convert and pass data to and from the selected fiber port.
- All fiber optic ports are ST Duplex connectors, Multimode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 1300nm and speeds of 100 Mbps.
- All fiber ports are standard fiber optic transceivers that receive and drive the fiber optic signal, where the TX is on the left and the RX is on the right.
- Model 4191 is field expandable to become an 8-Way unit (Model 4193) by adding fiber modules.
- A 4-Port model is available. See Model 4189, Cat. No. 303189.
QuickSwitch® 4191 ST Duplex Fiber Optic Switch/Converter allows the user the capability of sharing any one of six single port interface devices via ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 from a workstation or device, connected to the COMMON port. The QuickSwitch® 4191 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
All six of the fiber optic ports are 1300nm, 100 Mbps, ST Duplex Multimode ports. The built-in electronics will automatically convert the COMMON port to 10/100Base-T twisted pair media. The switch is controlled manually via front panel pushbuttons. The switch position status and fiber optic link presence can be determined by the front panel LED's.
The QuickSwitch® 4191 is fully compliant with the 802.3u 100Base-FX standard.
To view the article: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email:firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our Online Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form.
All ESL products are available for export.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.