Model 8449 5-Channel RJ45/BNC A/B Switch, Manual Operation with Barrier Terminal Block Position/Status Port
Switches a combination of both RJ45 and BNC channels.
Remote Monitoring via Barrier Terminal Block
Four threaded screw holes for mounting to a flat surface
Ideal for shipboard, ground transport, or other mobile applications
- CHANNELS 1, and 2 PORT CONNECTORS: Each of two channels has (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- CHANNELS 3, 4 and 5 PORT CONNECTORS: Each of three channels has (3) BNC female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- BARRIER TERMINAL BLOCK PORT: (1) Four position barrier terminal block port on rear panel allows remote monitoring of the switch position.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Rotary Switch on front panel selects A or B.
- POWER: No power required.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop 8.12"W x 8.38"D x 2.90" H (20.7 x 21.3 x 7.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
LineSelect® Multi-Interface RJ45 / BNC A/B Switch Application w/ Barrier Terminal Block Position Status Port:
- The drawing illustrates five channels of A/B switching.
- Channel 1 and 2 are Cat5e RJ45 A/B switches.
- Channel 3, 4, and 5 are BNC A/B switches.
- Each channel has a COMMON port with access to two ports labeled A and B.
- All five channels are switched simultaneously from A position to B position or from B position to A position via front panel rotary switch.
- Each channel allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- Simultaneously switches all five channels via front-panel rotary switch.
- The two RJ45 channels are rated for 10/100/1000 Base-T networks. (Up to Cat 5e)
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- Both the shield and center conductor of the coaxial interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- High quality sealed switch with self-wiping low impedance contacts.
- The ports are transparent to all data.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- No external power supply required.
- Four position barrier terminal block port provides switch position/status via two contacts for A position, and two contacts for B position.
- Four threaded screw holes located on the bottom panel facilitate mounting to a flat surface.
- Improves computer network efficiency by allowing sharing of peripherals.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 or BNC Coax cables are available for your switch installation.
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
Each channel of the LineSelect® Model 8449 Five-Channel A/B Switch allows a device connected to the COMMON port to access devices connected to the A or B ports. Channels 1 and 2 utilize RJ45 connectors and are certified for Cat 5e compliance. Channels 3, 4, and 5 utilize BNC Coaxial connectors. All five channels switch simultaneously. A four position Barrier Terminal Block port provides switch position status via two contacts for A position, and two contacts for B position. The Model 8449 is enclosed in a slim desktop style enclosure.
LineSelect® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.