QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch
QuickSwitch® 6285 Gigabit SC Duplex Fiber Optic Mirror Switch / Converter with Remote Control
- Utilizes High-Speed Fiber Optic/Copper 1000-Base-T Converter
- PORT CONNECTORS: Ports A and B are Fiber Optic SC duplex ports; COMMON Port is 1000-Base-T RJ45.
- FIBER OPTIC PORT INTERFACE: Ports A & B are fiber optic SC duplex ports that accept standard fiber optic SC duplex connectors.
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nanometer
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron
- COMMON PORT INTERFACE: The Common port is an RJ45 GigE interface that accepts standard CAT5e patchcords.
- REMOTE PORT INTERFACE: RS232 (DB9) serial port, 9600 bps, located on rear of unit, may be connected to any standard RS232 port or computer.
- CONTROLS: Manual pushbutton or via remote DB9 RS232 serial port.
- DISPLAY: Front panel LED or computer terminal via remote port.
- POWER: 115 VAC / 60 Hz, wall mount supply
- DIMENSIONS: 3" H x 8" D x 8" W (7.6 x 20.3 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 2.8 lbs. (1.3 Kg)
QuickSwitch® 6285 AB Switch enables a device connected to the Gigabit 1000-Base-T RJ45 COMMON port to access either of two separate fiber optic networks via SC Duplex ports. This cutting-edge switch utilizes MEMS-based (Micro Electro Mechanical System) multimode switches and high-speed fiber optic / copper 1000-Base-T converter electronics. The switch position of the QuickSwitch 6285 can be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely using the RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Once connected to the REMOTE port, the computer can use and common terminal emulation software to manipulate the control and monitor the switch position.
QuickSwitch® 6285 Fiber Optic Network Switch Features:
- Access any one of two SC Duplex fiber optic networks from one Gigabit Ethernet network.
- Internal data interface conversion circuitry allows Fiber Optic-to-Copper network interconnection.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- Service protocol transparent.
- The fiber ports are SC duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The COMMON port is an RJ45 female connector with a Cat5e Gigabit 1000-Base-T interface.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The remote port accepts RS232 Serial Data commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Front-panel LED's display switch positon and power status.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
|A specification for Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) over copper wire (IEEE Std 802.3ab). The standard defines 1 Gb/s data transfer over distances of up to 100 meters using four pairs of Cat5 balanced copper cabling and a 5-level coding scheme.
|Since many companies already use Cat5 cabling, 1000-Base-T can be easily implemented.
|Other 1000-Base-T benefits include compatibility with existing network protocols (i.e. IP, IPX, Apple Talk) existing applications, Network Operating Systems, network management platforms and applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.