Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Cat5e Manual Network Switch, RJ45, BNC
Model 8446 Quad-Channel RJ45/BNC A/B Switch, Manual Operation
- Ideal for switching "Ethernet-over-Coax-Converters”
- High Quality Manual Data Network Switches Increase the Reliability of Your Network!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (6) RJ45 (F) category 5e connectors on rear panel.
- (6) BNC (F) Connectors on rear panel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Rotary Switch on front panel selects A or B.
- PINS SWITCHED:
- RJ45: All (8) pins switched,
- BNC: Center conductor and Shield.
- POWER: Manually operated. No power required.
- ENCLOSURE: Shielded Aluminum Enclosure.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.1"W x 2.18"H x 8.0"D. (20.6 x 5.6 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.6 lb (0.8 kg.)
LineSelect® Model 8446 Quad Channel RJ45/BNC A/B Multi-Interface Copper Network Application:
The application diagram shows a COMMON device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to Device A and Device B, connected to the RJ45 A port and the RJ45 B port, respectively for each of two channels. The application diagram also illustrates a COMMON device connected to the BNC COMMON port with access to Device A and Device B, connected to the BNC A port and the BNC B port, respectively for each of two channels. All four channels are switched simultaneously.
- Simultaneously switches two RJ45 Channels and two BNC Channels locally via a knob located on the front panel.
- RJ45 channels are tested for Cat5e compliance.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make rotary switch.
- Both the shield and center conductor of the coaxial interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- All ports located on rear panel: (6) RJ45 female and (6) BNC female.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Four threaded screw holes located on the bottom panel.
- Switching is manually operated. Requires no power.
- Custom length cables available for your switch installation.
The LineSelect® Model 8446 Quad-Channel RJ45 / BNC A/B Switch enables access to two devices per each of its four channels. Channel 1 allows access to RJ45 devices 1-A or 1-B. Channel 2 allows access to RJ45 devices 2-A or 2-B. Channel 3 allows access to BNC devices 3-A or 3-B. Channel 4 allows access to BNC devices 4-A or 4-B. All channels are switched simultaneously. The 4-Channel Network Switch supports all 8 pins of the RJ45 Cat5e interfaces, and supports both the center conductor and shield of the BNC interfaces. The Model 8446 is enclosed in a slim desktop style enclosure.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.