Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC Coaxial
Model 7209 BNC A/B Switch Box with RS422 Remote Control, Rackmount
- Ideal for switching BNC connections over long distances
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) BNC (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) Remote connector on rear panel accepts Serial RS422 ASCII commands.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 8.0" D x 1.75" H (1U rack height) (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
BNC A/B APPLICATION WITH RS422 REMOTE: The diagram illustrates two BNC interface devices connected to the A and B port sharing a BNC device via the COMMON port. The DB9 remote accepts RS422 Serial data commands for Remote Control Operation.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two BNC interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Center pin and shell switched.
- (3) Isolated BNC port connectors on rear panel.
- Center pin and shell switched.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and power status.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely.
- Front panel pushbutton control or Remote RS-422 ASCII Command access through the serial port.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Rugged aluminum enclosure provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ-58 and Thinnet RJ58 coaxial cables available.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7209 BNC A/B Data Switch Box with Remote allows the user the capability of accessing two separate BNC ports via the common port. The switch may be controlled manually via a front panel push button or remotely from an RS422 interface serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the remote RS-422 serial port.
WIDE RANGE POWER OPTION AVAILABLE:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details
Model 7209 switch box is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.