Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7810 8-to-1 HD-15 Switch with 10/100 Base-T LAN Access
- IP Addressable for Critical Network Alternate-Path Switching!
- Extensive Graphical User Interface (GUI) features!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (9) HD15 (F) connectors labeled
CHANNEL 1-8 and COMMON.
- REMOTE PORT: (1) RJ45 (F), accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access
Ethernet for Remote Control.
- POWER: UL Approved 100/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount
power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the Model 7810.
- DISPLAY: (8) Red LED's indicate switch position, status and power.
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton control allows local switching.
- DIMENSIONS: 19" W x 3.5" H x 10" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 4.5 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
APPLICATION: LAN Ethernet Data Network Solution, HD15 network switch, 8 to 1 Switching, and POINT AND CLICK Software. The drawing illustrates one COMMON device connected to the HD15 COM port sharing among eight other devices connected to ports 1 through 8. The RJ45 10/100 Base-T Lan Ethernet port allows the user to control the switch with a simple POINT-N-CLICK SOFTWARE.
- IP Addressable.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight HD15 devices from one COMMON device.
- Pins 1 through 12 of the HD15 interface are switched.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Remote control of the switch position from a 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet environment or alternatively, the front panel pushbutton.
- Secure Setup / Configuration access limited by password protection.
- Front-panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- All switched signals are passed via copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity in the event of power loss.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length HD15 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7810 8-to-1 HD-15 Data Switch with 10/100 Base-T LAN Access, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port HD-15 interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among eight other devices connected to the Channel 1-8 ports with local and remote access functionality. Remote access can be accomplished by a 10/100 Base-T connection.
Proper authentication is required for remote access via the 10/100 Base-T connection. Users can remotely monitor status, control switch functions, lock/unlock front panel access and configure the LAN Access port.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard 115VAC power module. Ideal for international applications.
To read the article: "ADVANCES IN NETWORK SWITCHES", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN to which the Model 7810 LAN port is connected, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. You need Java JRE 6.0 or higher installed on the PC to run this GUI. If the JRE is installed, the Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. If not, the user must install the Java Runtime Engine. See http://www.sun.com for the proper installation.
LOGIN TO THE MODEL 7810
The default password to login to the Model 7810 is "111111". The password should be changed to something more secure as soon as the user first connects to the unit. Passwords must be 6 digits long.
Once logged in, the user can perform one of several tasks:
- Changing the switch position,
- Lockout control of the switch's front panel,
- Changing the login password, and
- Re-configuring the switch's IP address.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remote access to control or monitor the Model 7810 Switch System.
- Users can change the login password and/or switch's IP address.
- Lockout front panel manual access.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
Figure 2: GUI in Device Installer
To change the switch position,select the radio button from those labeled "1 through 8" and click on it.
REMOTE FRONT PANEL LOCKOUT
To lock out the Model 7810 from manual switching, click on "Lock" checkbox. When the "Lock" checkbox is checked, the front panel access is locked out. Click again to unlock (uncheck the checkbox).
The LOCK function will lockout front panel control. Lockout control can only be overridden remotely by using this software. It cannot be changed manually using the switch's front panel pushbutton.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at
401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.