QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, LC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 4292 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C/D/Off-Line Switch, with RS232 Remote
- FIBER: LC multimode, 50/125 micron, wavelength 850 nm.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) LC duplex female connectors, labeled A, B, C, D and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (5) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front-panel LED's display switch position, and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 100 VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.76" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 27.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.5 lbs. (2.5 kg)
LC DUPLEX A/B/C/D/OFFLINE APPLICATION WITH PASSWORD PROTECTED RS232 REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the LC Duplex COMMON port with access to any one of four devices connected to ports A, B ,C, or D. One connection between the LC Duplex COMMON port and one Device connected to either of Ports A, B, C or D. The user can also select and OFFLINE position which isolates data. The DB9 Remote port is PASSWORD PROTECTED and can be disabled. The unit can be controlled remotely via ASCII RS232 commands to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status; query firmware version number, query serial number of the unit and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Switch reverts to the Offline position on power loss and does not pass data.
- Upon power up, unit remains in the Offline position until commanded otherwise.
- No false pass through positions ensured by switching to the Offline position before switching to a new position.
- Remote RS232 ASCII command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All fiber optic ports are LC Duplex, Multimode, 50/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified, LC fiber optic cables are available for your switch installation.
The QuickSwitch® 4292 Single Channel LC Duplex A/B/C/D/Offline Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among four other devices connected to the A, B, C, and D ports, or to isolate all ports in the OFFLINE position.
Remote access can be accomplished using a DB9 RS232 connection and ASCII serial commands. The QuickSwitch® 4292 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.