Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5, RJ45
Model 7424 RJ45 CAT5 A/B/C/D Switch with Serial Remote Control Port
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) RJ45(F) connectors labeled A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front Panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9(F) port connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial
- Data for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module
- supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 16.75" W x 1.75" H x 8.3" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 21.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.9 lbs. (1.8 kg)
CAT5 RJ45 FOUR POSITION NETWORK APPLICATION:
The illustration below demonstrates a single RJ45 interface device connected to the COMMON port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B","C", and "D" port. The DB9 Remote port allows users to remotely monitor status, control switch functions and lockout the front panel pushbuttons with ASCII RS232 commands.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- 4 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched (pins 1, 2, 3, and 6) via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display the present position and power status.
- Certified Cat5 compliance.
- Standard configuration is desktop.
- Municipalities, schools, government:This product on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7424 Single Channel RJ45 Cat5 A/B/C/D Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among four other devices connected to the "A", "B". "C", and "D" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 7424 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel push button or remotely for the DB9 female serial interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7424 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.