Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 7392 Single Channel RS232 / RS530 A/B Switch with Fallback & Remote Control Port
Automatic Switch to Backup via Data Activity and Data Carrier Monitor!
Doubles the Reliability of Data Throughput in Critical Network Applications.
- CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: Manual pushbutton allows alternate action A/B switching when in manual mode.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB15 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure signals from Model 4077, Cat No. 514077, or similar device. See Related Products tab for more about Model 4077.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: (2) LEDs labeled A and B display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL Approved, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 1.75" H x 19" W x 8.0" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.9 lbs. (2.2 kg)
PathWay® Model 7392 RS232/RS530 DB25 Fallback Application with Remote Control Port:
The drawing illustrates a DB25 A/B Switch with a DB15 Remote port. Remote control is via contact control signaling. In this diagram a Model 4077 or other contact closure device is connected to the REMOTE port. In Automatic Mode, the unit monitors data activity on both ports A and B.
- Model 4077 Remote Contact Closure Application:
- Use Model 4077 as your Contact Closure Device along with cable, Cat No. 987267 to complete your system.
- If using RS530, simply connect the DB15 cable end into Model 7266, 7276, 7392, or 7312. If using RS232, then insert the DB15 F/M adaptor (Cat. No. 989145)between the DB15 end of the cable and the unit.
- The Model 4077 can be used with Models 7266, 7276, 7392, and 7312 to control switch position.
- Switch to backup automatically via Data Activity or DCD trigger monitor. Switches back when signals restore.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All pins of the DB25 interface are switched.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in event of power loss or failure.
- When power is restored, the unit loads previous position and mode of operation and checks DIP switch settings and remote port to determine the correct startup configuration.
- Automatic switching based on either RD activity or DCD presence monitored on ports A and B.
- Automatic switching compatible with RS232 or RS530 protocols.
- Remote control of the switch position from a contact closure REMOTE port.
- Reading of the current switch position from a contact closure REMOTE port.
- Front panel LED's display position, mode, and power status.
- The user can override automatic sensing mode operation from the front panel or remote port and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
The PathWay® Model 7392 Single Channel RS232 / RS530 A/B Network Switch allows the user the capability of accessing two RS232/RS530 serial data interface devices connected to ports A and B from one RS232/RS530 serial data interface connected to its COMMON port. It has two modes of operation, Automatic Sensing Mode and Manual A/B Switch Mode.
In Automatic Sensing Mode, the Model 7392 allows a device connected to the Common port to connect through to the port with activity either on A or B. It maintains the connection with the currently connected port, as long as there is activity on it. The unit monitors data activity on both ports "A" and "B". If activity on the currently connected port is lost, and if the other port has established valid activity, the unit automatically switches to that port with activity. It will stay connected to the current port if neither of the ports has activity. Then, if data activity is detected on a port, the unit will automatically switch to that port. Unit can be set to monitor RD activity or DCD presence of ports A and B.
In Manual A/B Switch Mode, the Model 7392 may be controlled locally via its front-panel pushbutton, or remotely via its REMOTE-Control port using a set of contact closure pins. The Remote-Control port can also be used to attain switch position status by using a separate set of contact closure pins on the REMOTE port.
Option: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.