Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, Auto Fallback
Model 7276 Single Channel RS-232 / RS-530 A/B Switch with Auto Fallback & Auto Recovery
Automatic Switch to Backup via Data Activity and Data Carrier Monitor!
Doubles the Reliability of Data Throughput in Critical Network Applications.
- CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors on rear panel labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: Manual pushbutton allows alternate action A/B switching when in manual mode.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB15 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure signals from Model 4077, Cat No. 514077, or similar device.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: (2) LEDs labeled A and B display switch position and power status.
- POWER: UL Approved, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 1.75" H x 19.0" W x 8.0" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.9 lbs. (2.2 kg)
PathWay® Model 7276 Single Channel RS232/RS530 A/B Switch Application w/Auto Fallback & Recovery: (DB15 Remote Control via Contact Closure)
Automatic switch to backup via Data Activity and Data Carrier Monitor. The automatic Fallback Mode monitors port "A" only for RD Activity or DCD presence. The DB15 REMOTE port can be used to obtain switch position status via contact closure signals).
- Model 4077 Remote Contact Closure Application: Use Model 4077 as your contact closure device along with cable, Cat No. 987267 to complete your system.
- If using RS530, simply connect the DB15 cable end into Model 7266, 7276, or 7392. If using RS232, then insert the DB15 F/M adaptor (Cat. No. 989145) between the DB15 end of the cable and the unit.
- The Model 4077 can be used with Models 7266, 7276, 7392, and 7312 to control switch position.
- Switch to backup automatically via Data Activity or DCD trigger monitor. Switches back when signals restore.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1-6 and 8-25 of the DB25 interface are switched. Pin 7 (signal ground) of all ports tied together.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of power loss or failure.
- When power is restored, the unit loads previous position and mode of operation and checks DIP switch settings and remote port to determine the correct startup configuration.
- Automatic switching based on either RD Activity or DCD presence on Port "A" only.
- Port A Pins Monitored.
- Port A, RS232 RD: Pin 3 with respect to Pin 7.
- Port A, RS232 DCD: Pin 8 with respect to Pin7.
- Port A, RS530 RD: Pins 3 and 16.
- Port A, RS530 DCD: Pins 8 and 10.
- Remote control of the switch position from a contact closure REMOTE port.
- Front panel LED's display position, mode, and power status.
- Certified compliant with EMC Regulations:
- EN 55022:2006/A1:2007 Class A ITE Emissions Requirements (EU).
- ICES-003 Issue 4 Class A Digital Apparatus Emissions Requirements (Canada).
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15 Class A Emissions Requirements (USA).
- Certified compliant with Safety Regulation:
- EN 60950-1 including deviations to UL/CSA 60950-1 2nd edition.
The PathWay® Model 7276 Single Channel RS-232 / RS-530 A/B Network Switch with Auto Fallback and Auto Recovery allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality. The remote port can be used to attain switch position status by using the provided set of contact closure pins. The remote port can also be used to control the switch position using a separate set of contact closure pins.
When in automatic fallback mode the unit monitors either RD activity or DCD presence on port A only. If activity or presence of the selected trigger signal (RD or DCD) is detected on Port A, the unit switches to the A Position and stays in this position while there is still activity or presence detected. If activity or presence of the selected trigger signal (RD or DCD) is lost on Port A, the unit switches to the B Position and stays in this position until activity or presence is detected on Port A. The user can override automatic fallback operation from the front panel or remote port and force the unit to operate as an A/B switch.
Option: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.