Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45, Cat5, Video Source
Model 7281 RJ45 CAT5 Video Feed Controller Switch with Contact Control Remote Port
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) RJ45 female connectors labeled Monitor A, and B.
- (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled Video Source 1, 2, and 3.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: There is no front panel control.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure switch commands for remote control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 120VAC, 60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0"W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D.
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.5 lbs.
- All video source and monitor connectors are RJ45 Cat5/100mbps.
- All 8 pins of the port connectors are switched.
- Two video monitor connectors, A and B.
- Three video source connectors, 1, 2, and 3.
- One Remote DB9/Female port for two control commands: Contact Controls, 1 and 2.
- Contact Control 1 and 2 are independent contact closures.
- Contact Control 1 controls switching of both monitor ports simultaneously between the Cutoff position and data flow. If the selection is to allow data to flow to the Monitors, then Monitor B can be switched between a Video Source 2 or 3.
- Contact Control 2 controls switching of the video source for Monitor B. The source can be either Video Source 2 or 3.
- Front panel LED indicators show the position of each switch. The LEDs show red when in position for data transmission, and blink when the switches are in cutoff position.
- All switches are remotely controlled. There is no local control.
- RJ45 connector pins for Ports A, B, and Common are divided up into groups of pins used for data transfer between Monitors and Video Sources.
- If the Model 7281 loses power, both monitors are switched to the Cutoff position.
- On power up, the switch positions are set based on the remote contact closures.
The PathWay® Model 7281 Video Feed Controller Switch allows three video sources to be switched among two video monitors with the option of all sources being put in a cutoff position. The Model 7281 dimensions are 19" W x 1.75" H x 8" D allowing the unit to occupy only 1U rack height.
This network switch may be controlled remotely using a DB9 Contact Control Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote port provides control by dry contact open/closure logic. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Don't forget to order your RJ45 cables. See Cat No. 990328 thru 990336.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard 115 VAC or 120 VAC, power module. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom code-operated network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.