Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, BNC
Model 7199 4-Channel BNC A/B Switch Box with RS485 Remote
- Great for Audio, Video Remote Switch Applications!
MODEL 7199 SPECIFICATIONS:
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) BNC (F) connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each channel.
- DISPLAY: (8) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS485 ASCII commands for Remote Control Operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.75" D
(48.3 x 4.4 x 27.4 cm), (1U rack height).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 5.6 lbs (2.6 kg)
REMOTE PORT RS485 MULTIDROP APPLICATIONS: The drawing illustrates four BNC interface independent switching channels. Each channel has one device connected to its COMMON port sharing between two devices connected to the BNC ports A and B. Each channel can be controlled via the DB9 port using ASCII RS485 commands designed for RS485 multi-drop applications.
MODEL 7199 FEATURES:
- Each channel allows access to two BNC networks from one COMMON BNC network or device.
- Four independent switch channels may be switched individually or simultaneously.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Only the center pin of the BNC interface is switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays. The shells of the BNC interface are tied together and separated by channel.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- No front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote port designed for RS485 multi-drop applications.
- Remote RS485 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 7199 4- channel BNC A/B Data Switch with RS485 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single BNC interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports for each channel. The Model 7199 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
There are no local or front panel switch controls on the unit. The Model 7199 can ONLY be switched remotely from the DB9 RS485 Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the position of the unit.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply:
(Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.