Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB9
Model 7434 DB9 6-to-1 Switch with Contact Closure
- PORT CONNECTORS: (7) DB9 female connectors labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6, and COM.
- DISPLAY: (6) Front panel Red LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL PORTS: (6) 2-Position Terminal Strips labeled REMOTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. One for each position to control the unit via contact closure signals.
- POWER: Requires customer supplied 24 VDC, 500 mA Power Input. A mating power connector is included with the Model 7434.
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 10.57" W x 2.37" H x 8.01" D (26.9 x 6.0 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 2.9 lbs (1.4 kg)
DB9 6-to-1 Switch Application with Contact Closure Remote Control:
The drawing illustrates one COMMON Device connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to any one of six devices connected to the DB9 Ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. The Remote ports are 2-Position Screw Terminals. There are six terminal strips, one for each of the for Devices 1 thru Device 6. The Common Device can only be connected to one device at a time (Devices 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6).
- Allows quick connection to any one of six DB9 interface devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- (8) pins of the DB9 interface are switched, pins 1-8, via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, the unit switches based on state of contact closure.
- Remote Control via dry contact signals using the terminal blocks located on the bottom of the Model 7434.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position via six sets of dry contacts.
- No local control.
- Front panel LED's display present position.
- Rear panel mounting via two ear brackets.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The PathWay® Model 7434 is a DB9 6 to 1 Switch with Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of accessing six separate devices, ports 1-6, via a connection through a device connected to the Common port of the switch. The Model 7434 is enclosed in a 1U, half rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding with rear panel ears for wall mounting.
The switch is controlled remotely from six terminal blocks located on the bottom of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LEDs.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.