PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25
Model 7312 Single Channel RS232 / RS530 A/B Switch with Contact Closure Remote
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors, labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display channel switch position.
- REMOTE: (1) DB15 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure switch commands.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.10" W x 2.4" H x 7.23" D.(20.6 x 6.2 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs (0.9 kg)
REMOTE CONTACT CLOSURE APPLICATION for (Model 7312, 7266, 7276, or 7392):
The application drawing shows the Model 4077 connected to a Model 7312 network switch using a special RJ45 to DB15 cables (Cat No 987267). The Model 4077 can also be used with Models 7266, 7276 and 7392 to control switch position. If using RS530, simply connect the DB15 cable end into Model 7312, 7266, 7276, or 7392. If using RS232, then insert the DB15 F/M adaptor (Cat. No. 989145) between the DB15 end of the cable and the unit. (Model 7312, 7266, 7276, or 7392).
- Allows quick connection to any one of two devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 2, 4-5, 9-16, and 18-25 of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays. Pin 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 17 are bussed through.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power up, unit switches based on state of contact closure.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Contact Closure control and status provides dry contact logic to allow the control of the switch position as well as obtain current position.
- Remote DB15 connector provides a 5VDC pin with inline current limiting resistor and signal gnd pin for an external LED to be placed across for monitoring unit power.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Model 4077 Dual Channel Remote Control unit with LED Display controls up to two Model 7312 Single Channel RS232/RS530 A/B Switches.
- A special cable from the Model 4077 (RJ45) to the Model 7312 (DB15) passes the required signals to control the switch position. (Cable Cat No 987267; Custom Length in Feet)
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7312 Single Channel RS232/RS530 A/B Switch allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports. Pins 2, 4-5, 9-16, and 18-25 are switched. Pins 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 17 are bussed through. The Model 7312 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB15 Control port located on the rear panel. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.
Electro Standards’ products are integrated into systems worldwide, including but not limited to:
Australia, Canada, Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, UK.