Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, DB25, Auto Fallback
Model 7300 Single Channel RS232 / RS530 A/B Switch with Fallback & Remote Control Port
- Automatic Switch to Backup via Data Activity and Data Carrier Monitor!
- Switch Position and Switch Mode Can Be Remotely Controlled
- CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 (F) connectors on rear labeled A, B and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: Manual pushbutton allows alternate action A/B switching when in manual mode. However, the front panel pushbutton control feature can be disabled via contact closure on proper pins of Remote port.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB15 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure signals for remote control operation.
- FRONT PANEL DISPLAY: (2) LEDs labeled A and B display switch
position and power status.
- POWER: UL Approved, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75"H x 8.0"D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 4.4 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
DB25 AUTO FALLBACK APPLICATION WITH DB15 REMOTE: Automatic switch to backup via Data Activity and Data Carrier Monitor. The Automatic Fallback Mode monitors port "A" only for RD Activity or DCD presence. The DB15 REMOTE port can be used to control the Switch Position and Mode via contact closure signaling.
- Switch to backup automatically via Data Activity or DCD trigger monitor. Switches back when signals restore.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 2-6, 8-25 of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays. Pins 1 (protective ground) and 7 (signal ground) of all ports are tied together.
- All switched signals are passed via latching copper contact relays that maintain their position and continuity even in the event of a power loss or failure.
- When power is restored, the unit loads previous position and mode of operation and checks DIP switch settings and remote port to determine the correct startup configuration.
- Automatic switching based on either RD activity or DCD presence.
- Automatic switching compatible with RS232 or RS530 protocols.
- Remote control of the switch position and mode from a contact closure REMOTE port.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be disabled via Remote port.
- Reading of the current switch position from a contact closure remote port.
- Front panel LED's display position, mode and power status.
The PathWay® Model 7300 Single Channel RS232 / RS530 A/B Network Switch with Fallback and Remote Control Port allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the Common port among two other devices connected to the A and B ports with remote access functionality. The remote port can be used to attain switch position status by using the provided set of contact closure pins. The remote port can also be used to control the switch position and mode using a separate set of contact closure pins. The Model 7300 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard rack.
When in automatic fallback mode the unit monitors either RD activity or DCD presence on port A only. If activity or presence of the selected trigger signal (RD or DCD) is detected on Port A, the unit switches to the A Position and stays in this position while there is still activity or presence detected. If activity or presence of the selected trigger signal (RD or DCD) is lost on Port A, the unit switches to the B Position and stays in this position until activity or presence is detected on Port A. The user can override Automatic Fallback operation and place the unit into Manual Mode from the Remote to force the unit to operate as an A/B Switch.
WIDE RANGE POWER OPTION AVAILABLE:
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications. For more about this product, see Accessories tab.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.