QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, FC Simplex
QuickSwitch® 4294 4-Way All-Optic Simplex Fiber Optic Network Switch with Threaded FC Connectors, 100/140 Graded Index Fiber, UPC
- WAVELENGTH: Optimum at 1300 nm.
- CONNECTORS: (5) FC Simplex Fiber Optic rear-panel connectors, A/B/C/D/COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front-panel red LEDs display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved, 100VAC / 240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.12" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 20.7 cm)
QuickSwitch® 4294 4-Way All-Optic Simplex Fiber Switch with Threaded FC Connectors Application
The illustration demonstrates a fiber optic device connected to the FC Simplex COMMON connector accessing any of the four fiber optic networks connected to the A, B, C, and D ports. The DB9 REMOTE port allows the user to control the switch remotely using ASCII RS232 Serial data commands.
QuickSwitch® 4294 Features
- Optical Scalability.
- Bit-Rate and Data Transparent.
- Service/Protocol Transparent.
- A/B/C/D/COMMON FC Simplex, UPC, not angle polished Rear-Panel Connectors.
- Fiber Strand interface: 100/140 micrometer graded index multimode fiber.
- Front-Panel Pushbutton selects A, B, C, or D positions.
- Front-Panel LEDs Display Switch Position & Power Status.
- Remote Control Via RS232 Serial Remote Port on rear panel.
- MEMS-Based Multimode Mirror Switch supports Gigabit data rates.
QuickSwitch® 4294 Introduction
QuickSwitch® Model 4294 Remotely Controllable FC Simplex A/B/C/D, all optical switch, is designed with fiber optic mirror technology. The signal is received by the unit as an optical signal over the fiber strand, is redirected by mirror mechanisms, and leaves the unit as an optical signal over a fiber strand (OOO). Optimum wavelength is 1300 nm.
The QuickSwitch® Model 4294 allows a fiber optic device connected to the unit’s FC Simplex COMMON connector to access any of the four fiber optic networks connected to the A, B, C, or D ports. Switch position can be changed via the front-panel pushbutton, or from an RS232 Serial Remote Port located on the rear panel.
QuickSwitch® 4294 Operation
QuickSwitch® 4294’s FC Simplex ports are transparent to all data. Front-panel LEDs indicate the switch position. Position status can also be ascertained from the Remote port connector. Remote switching is accomplished via the RS232 Serial Remote port located on the QuickSwitch® Model 4294 rear panel.
The QuickSwitch® Model 4294 has Switch Position Memory. When power is lost, the QuickSwitch® 4294 automatically changes to the switches default position and will continue to pass data.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.