Interface Converters, TTL Logic-to-ST Fiber, Copper to Glass Fiber
Model 6766 Four Channel TTL Logic-to-ST Fiber Converter, Desktop
Converts TTL Logic signals to ST Fiber Optic signals.
Model 6766 desktop unit has screw terminal strips for easy connection of the copper logic signals.
Model 6766 Desktop Unit:
Copper/Glass Fiber Input/output Diagram:
TTL Logic Pair A, B, C and D convert signals to the ST Fiber Pair, A, B, C, and D.
- Copper Interface:
- (2) Terminal Strips, CH A, CH B, CH C, CH D
- (2) Terminal Strips, Digital Ground
- Glass Fiber Optic Interface: ST, Multimode, 820 nm on front panel
- Optional jumpers are located on circuit board inside the Model 6766 enclosure.
Model 6766 Desktop Unit Four Channel TTL Logic-to-ST Fiber Converter Input/Output Diagram
Model 6766 Desktop Unit Four Channel TTL Logic-to-ST Fiber Converter Block Diagram
The Model 6766 is a high speed TTL digital logic level to fiber interface converter from Electro Standards Laboratories. It translates four input/output logic pairs into four fiber pairs, resulting in a total of eight fiber optic connections. Typical operating speeds are up to 5 Mbps.
Features include ESD protection on all copper interfaces, convenient ST fiber connectors, and logic test points that allow for signal monitoring. Provision for user selectable jumpers for fiber light ON/OFF polarity located on circuit board inside the Model 6766 enclosure.
The converter is also available as a circuit board convenient for embedded applications. See Model 6765, Cat. No. 306765.
- TX Power: -17 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -27.5 dBm
- Wavelength: 820 nm, multimode
- Fiber Size: Accepts 50/125 micron, 62.5/125 micron, or 100/140 micron
- Logical 0 = Light ON/OFF: User Selectable via Jumper
- Logical 1 = Light ON/OFF: User Selectable via Jumper
- Type: TTL Logic
- Vih range: (3.3 - 5)Vdc Voh Range (3.8-50)Vdc
- Vil range: (0 - 1.5)Vdc Voh Range (1-5)Vdc
- Bit Rate (nom.):
- 0 to 5 Mbps, Nominal
Model 6766, Cat. No. 306766 Desktop Unit:
Copper Connectors: Copper Terminal Strips:
- Terminal Strip: Channels TXA, TXB, TXC, TXD.
- Terminal Strip: Channels RXA, RXB, RXC, RXD
- Terminal Strips: Digital Ground, for each channel.
Glass Fiber Connectors:
- (8) ST Connectors: RXA, TXA, RXB, TXB, RXC, TXC, RXD, TXD
- Supply Voltage: (4.75 – 5.25) Vdc
- Supply Current: 350 mA
- Power Supply Included (ESL PN: 521091)
Mechanical: Model 6766 / 306766 (Desktop Unit)
- Size 8.38" W x 1.73" H x 8.0" D [21.9 x 4.6 x 22.9 cm]
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)
Optional DIN Rail Mounting Kit: Cat. No. 520418; Attaches to the bottom cover of the Model 6766 Fiber Interface Converter for applications requiring a DIN Rail.
Click here to view more of ESL's Media Converters:
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLES Webpage, or our COPPER NETWORK CABLES Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: Convertisseurs d'interface, Interfaz de Convertidores, Convertitori di interfaccia, Mediakonwertery, Conversores de Interface.