QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch / Converter
QuickSwitch® 7263 Fiber Optic ST Duplex A/B/Cut-Off Switch/Converter with Remote Control
- Fiber to copper interface conversion.
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) Fiber optic ST Duplex female connectors labeled A and B.
- (1) RJ45 female connector labeled COMMON.
- FIBER OPTIC WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts Contact Closure or RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL Approved 120 VAC, 60 Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D.
(48.3 x 4.4 x 20.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 3.5 lbs. (1.6 Kg)
APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates an A/B/Cut-Off Switch / Converter with an RJ45 COMMON port and fiber optic ST Duplex A and B ports. The user can access two 100Base-FX ports (ST Duplex A and B ports from the 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet (RJ45 COMMON port). The switch / converter has a no-connect position labeled CUTOFF for no connection between any ports. The switch converter can be controlled remotely from the DB9 port via Contact Closure or RS232 Serial data commands.
QuickSwitch® 7263 ST Duplex A/B/Cut-Off Switch/Converter allows the user the capability of accessing two separate fiber optic 100Base-FX ports from a 100Base-TX port. The Model 7263 also has a Cut-Off or "no-connect" position in which state there is no connection between any of the ports. Ports A, B and COMMON are isolated from each other.
The switch is fully compliant with the 802.3u 100Base-TX/FX standard, supporting 100 megabit data rates. The Model 7263 installs in a standard 19" equipment rack, and is 1U in rack height (1.75").
The switch may be controlled manually via a front-panel pushbutton or remotely from a remote control port that supports both RS232 serial control, and contact control. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the remote RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
QuickSwitch® 7263 Features:
- Allows access to two fiber optic ST Duplex 100Base-FX networks from one 100Base-TX network from one 100Base-TX network.
- Internal data interface conversion circuitry allows Fiber Optic-to-Copper network interconnection.
- CUTOFF switch position stops any and all data throughput for the unit.
- Front-panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- The remote port accepts RS232 Serial Data or Contact Closure commands for switch position control and monitoring.
- Remote Port Serial Control requires password access and has session timeout due to inactivity.
- Unit can be set to operate without password.
- Switch position, password, and configuration data is written to memory. In the event of a power loss, all information is retained.
- The two fiber ports are ST duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300 nm.
- Service protocol transparent.
- Bit-rate and data transparent.
- Optical data throughput scalability.
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "ADVANCES IN NETWORK SWITCHES", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage:
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.