PathWay® Model 4126 DB9 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch with RS232 Remote
Smart Data Switch Automatically Selects the Port with Valid Activity!
Automatically Switches between Backup and Primary Link
- DATA CONNECTORS: A, B, and COMMON are DB9(F) located on the rear panel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching or to override Automatic Fallback Mode to Manual Mode.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display present position, power status and operating mode.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC 50 Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 625mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.12" W x 2.37" H x 7.31" D (20.7 x 6.1 x 18.6 cm)
- WEIGHT:Approximately 1.7 lbs. (0.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 4126 DB9 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch Application.
DB9 Automatic Fallback A/B Application (Activity Sense for Auto Switch); A COMMON Device is connected to the DB9 COMMON port with access to a Primary Line A and a Backup Line B connected to the DB9 A and B ports. The data activity is monitored on both ports A and B. The unit auto senses valid activity on both A and B ports. (Auto Sense on Ports A and B) The DB9 RS232 Remote allows a user to control the unit remotely via RS232 ASCII commands.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (9) pins of the DB9 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control (In manual mode).
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, change modes, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable auto-send of switch positions.
- In Manual Mode, the unit does not switch between A and B, unless commanded to do so via the front panel pushbutton or remote commands.
- In Auto Fallback Mode, automatically chooses its switch position based on signal presence.
- Signal Presence based on RS232 TD activity on pin 3 of ports A and B.
- Two signal loss modes and eight delay time are settable via the Remote RS232 commands only.
- Delay time selections are in one second increments from 1 second to 8 seconds.
- Signal loss modes either Alternate or Maintain position on signal loss (only in automatic fallback mode).
- Default settings are: Auto, Maintain, 2 second delay.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status and operating mode.
The PathWay® Model 4126 DB9 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch with RS-232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports, with remote access functionality The Model 4126 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel push button or remotely from the DB9 female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status, and mode of operation.
The unit monitors data activity on both port “A” and “B”. If activity on the connected port is lost, and if the other port has established valid activity, the unit automatically switches to the port with activity. As long as there is activity on the present port, the unit will maintain the connection with the connected port. If neither port has activity, it will stay connected to the present port and continue to monitor for active data on both ports to switch to.
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All ESL products are available for export. Electro Standards welcomes business from International companies: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy , switch de rede, nätverksswitch.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.