Model 4121 Automatic Fallback and Recovery DB25 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote Control
- This Smart Switch provides a “Fallback” data path “B” based on loss of Data Activity on Port “A”, and a “Recovery” to “A” when Data Activity returns!
- Automatic Fallback: The time that connection to the Primary Channel device needs to be lost before the unit automatically switches from A position to B position, is selectable from 0 to 90 sec.
- Automatic Recovery: The time a signal must be present again in the Primary Channel before the unit automatically switches back from B position to A position, is selectable from 0 to 90 sec.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/\-240VAC 50 Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.15" W x 2.41" H x 7.30" D (20.8 x 6.2 x 18.6 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 4121 Automatic Fallback and Recovery Application drawing.
Ideal for automatic fallback applications based on loss of data on Port A. Monitor data activity. Smart switch provides a "Fallback" data path "B" based on loss of Data Activity on Port "A". The diagram illustrates a DB9 Remote port that accepts RS232 Serial data commands.
- Automatic Fallback and Recovery based on pins 2 and 3 of Port A.
- DB9 RS232 Serial Remote Control.
- Contact Closure Status on pins 6, 7, and 8 for dry contact logic to obtain switch position.
- Allows access to two networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1-8, 11, 14-21 and 24 of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to; control switch position, lockout front panel operations, change the Fallback Mode, set the delay time, select the pins monitored, change the Recovery Mode, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote port Contact Closure status on pins 6, 7, and 8 provide dry contact logic to obtain the present switch position.
- Automatic Fallback and Recovery Mode operates based on data monitoring on signal pins 2 and 3 of port A.
- Recovery Mode can be set to either automatic or manual.
- Front panel LED's display present position, mode and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 4121 Automatic Fallback and Recovery DB25 A/B Switch with RS232 Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B: ports with remote access functionality. The Model 4121 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton, or remotely through the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, switch mode, and power status.
The unit monitors data activity on port "A". If the unit is in the A position and activity is lost for the duration of the set delay time, the unit automatically switches to the B position. Depending on the Recovery Mode set, the unit will then either remain in the B position until commanded to switch to the A position by the pushbutton or Remote or switch back to the A position automatically when the signal returns.
Wide Range Power Option Available: (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies Webpage.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.