QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6212 ST Duplex Fiber Optic 10-Position Switch with Remote Ethernet Port and GUI
- Fiber Size: 62.5/125 Micron, 1300nm
- PORT CONNECTORS: (11) Fiber Optic ST duplex connectors labeled 1 thru 10 and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45(F) connector accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet, Telnet and Graphical User Interface commands.
- CONTROLS: (10) Front panel pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (10) Red LED's indicate switch position and power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100 VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop Configuration: 16.49" W x 8" D x 3.5" H (41.9 x 20.3 x 8.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.0 lbs (2.72 Kg)
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz in place of the standard power module. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
APPLICATION: ST Duplex Multimode 10 position fiber optic switch with an RJ45, 10/100 Base-T, IP addressable switch and GUI Commands for Remote Control Operation.
The QuickSwitch® 6212 ST Duplex 10-position Fiber Optic Switch with Remote Ethernet Port allows the user to switch one Common ST Duplex port to any one of ten ST Duplex ports. The system affords local and remote access functionality. The Remote Ethernet Port allows for both Telnet and GUI remote control. User's can locally or remotely monitor status and control switch functions.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® 6212 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.6 and above.
The Java Applet can also be accessed from the DeviceInstaller application. To control the QuickSwitch® 6212 using DeviceInstaller, follow the steps listed below.
- Open your DeviceInstaller application by clicking "Start->Programs->Lantronix->DeviceInstaller->DeviceInstaller"
- When the DeviceInstaller GUI opens up, the first task it performs is to look for any Lantronix devices attached to the local area network. You will see that, when devices are found, the left pane of the DeviceInstaller GUI will indicate so by displaying information below "Local Area Connection" which is your own local PC. You must then expand the tree of elements until you reach the lowest level, which represents the IP address of your actual device. When you do so, three tabbed panels will appear in the right-most pane as in Figure 2. Please select the pane labeled "Web Configuration".
- The IP Address of the switch will appear at the top of the panel, along with a green 'GO' button. To launch the QuickSwitch® 6212 GUI, simply click the 'GO' button.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Easy to use, simple point and click GUI operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the QuickSwitch® 6212, 10 Position Fiber Optic Switch System.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- Lockout front panel manual access.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
Figure 2: GUI in Device Installer
Changing Switch Position
Changing Lock Status from the GUI
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view this file. click link to read as a pdf.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage:
/Products-By-Category/?catid=33&category=Cables, Fiber Optic Network&filter=
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.