QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6212 ST Duplex Fiber Optic 10-Position Switch with Remote Ethernet Port and GUI
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron, 1300nm
- PORT CONNECTORS: (11) Fiber Optic ST duplex connectors labeled 1 thru 10 and COMMON.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 (F) connector accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet, Telnet and Graphical User Interface commands.
- CONTROLS: (10) Front panel pushbuttons allow selection of switch position.
- DISPLAY: (10) Red LED's indicate switch position and power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100 VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop Configuration: 16.49" W x 8" D x 3.5" H (41.9 x 20.3 x 8.9 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.0 lbs. (2.72 kg)
QuickSwitch® 6212 ST Duplex Multimode 10-Position fiber optic switch Application with an RJ45, 10/100 Base-T, IP addressable switch and GUI Commands for Remote Control Operation.
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the ST Duplex COMMON port with access to ten ST Duplex interface devices connected to the ST Duplex ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. The COMMON Device has access to one Device at a time. The RJ45, 10/100 Base-T, IP addressable switch and GUI Commands for Remote Control Operation.
- One ST duplex Common fiber optic port has access to connect to any one of ten ST duplex ports, one port at a time.
- All fiber optic signals passed through the switch are maintained in fiber optic light transmission media.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- All ports are ST Duplex, Multimode, 62.5/125 Micron, 1300nm.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment or the front panel pushbuttons.
- Remote Telnet command interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position and obtain switch status.
- Front panel LED's display the current switch position and power status.
- Remote commands to lock front panel pushbutton control.
- The switch is latching and will maintain its position and continue to pass data in the event of a power failure.
- IP Addressable.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6212 ST Duplex 10-position Fiber Optic Switch with Remote Ethernet Port allows the user to switch one Common ST Duplex port to any one of ten ST Duplex ports. The system affords local and remote access functionality. The Remote Ethernet Port allows for both Telnet and GUI remote control. A User can locally or remotely monitor status and control switch functions.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the QuickSwitch® Model 6212 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
10/100BASE-T LAN SETUP
The switch is configured from the factory to use DHCP to automatically get its IP address from a DHCP server on the local area network when connected to the network and powered up. Therefore, a DHCP server is needed on the local area network for the initial configuration. After that, the switch can be configured to use a static IP address. To find the IP address of a switch that it has gotten from the DHCP server, or to reconfigure the IP Address of the switch, use the Lantronix® DeviceInstaller application.
DeviceInstaller requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 4.0 or higher. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, it must first be installed. The .NET Framework can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website, either as a web install, or as a standalone installation. The latest version of DeviceInstaller can be downloaded from Lantronix’s website
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Login password authentication required.
- Easy to use, simple point and click GUI operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the QuickSwitch® 6212, 10 Position Fiber Optic Switch System.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- Lockout front panel manual access.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
Figure 1: GUI in a Standard Web Browser
CHANGING SWITCH POSITION
To change the switch position, select any one of ten radio buttons by clicking on the radio button for a new position as desired. Radio buttons are labeled 1 through 10. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the position from the GUI
Figure 3: Control the front panel lock status from the GUI
CHANGING LOCK STATUS FROM VIA THE GUI
Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the “Locked” or “Normal” radio buttons. See Figure 3.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form:/Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.