PathWay® Model 4123 DB25 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch with RS232 Remote
Smart Data Switch Automatically Switches to the Port with Valid Activity!
Automatically Switches between Backup and Primary Link
Auto Sensing on Ports A and B.
- DATA CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON on the rear panel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching or to override Automatic Fallback Mode to Manual Mode.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display present position, power status and operating mode.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC 50 Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 625mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.12" W x 2.43" H x 7.01" D (20.7 x 6.2 x 20.9 cm)
- WEIGHT:Approximately 1.9 lbs. (0.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 4123 DB25 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch Application.
DB25 Automatic Fallback A/B Application (Automatic Protection Application); A COMMON Device is connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to a Primary Line A and a Backup Line B connected to the DB25 A and B ports. The data activity is monitored on both ports A and B. The unit auto senses valid activity on both A and B ports. (Auto Sense on Ports A and B) The DB9 RS232 Remote allows a user to control the unit remotely via RS232 ASCII commands.
- Auto Sensing on ports A and B.
- Automatic switching based on RS232 TD activity.
- DB9 RS232 Serial Remote Control.
- Great for Automatic Protection Application
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to; control switch position, lockout front panel operations, change modes, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, as well as, toggle Signal Loss Mode, query Fallback Mode, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Automatic switching based on RS232 TD activity.
- Front panel LED's display present position, power status, and operating mode.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 4123 DB25 Automatic Fallback A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B, ports with remote access functionality. The Model 4123 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton, or remotely through the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, and unit power status, and mode of operation.
The unit monitors data activity on both port "A" and "B". If activity on the connected port is lost, and if the other port has established valid activity, the unit automatically switches to the port with activity. As long as there is activity on the present port, the unit will maintain the connection with the connected port. If neither port has activity, it will stay connected to the present port and continue to monitor for active data on both ports to switch to.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4123 Single Channel RS232 A/B Switch, DB25 A/B Autosense unit is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.