Path Way® Model 4145 Automatic Fallback and Recovery DB25 A/B Switch with Optional Remote Control
Fallback based on loss of carrier (DCD)
Network DCD "Watch Dog" switch keeps data flowing!
- DATA CONNECTORS: (3) DB25 female connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LEDs display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL OPTION: (1) DB9 Female connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved wall mount 100VAC / 240VAC, 50Hz / 60Hz power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration, 8.11"W x 2.37" H x 7.28' D (20.6 x 6.1 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (.09 kg)
PathWay® Model 4145 Automatic Fallback Application:
RS232 Auto Fallback DB25 A/B Switch Application w/Optional Remote: Ideal for automatic fallback applications based on loss of carrier (DCD).
- Ideal for automatic fallback applications based on loss of carrier (DCD)
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1-8, 11, 14-21, and 24 of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- When in Fallback Mode, Pin 8 (DCD) or port A with respect to Pin 7 (signal ground) is monitored for carrier presence.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Optional Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to, control switch position, lockout front panel operations, change switch mode, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- Fallback based on loss of carrier (DCD)
The PathWay® Model 4145 Automatic Fallback and Recovery DB25 A/B Switch with Optional RS232 Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the "COMMON" port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality. The Model 4145 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton, or remotely through the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear panel of the unit. (If the Remote port has been ordered). The front panel LED display indicates the switch position, switch mode, and power status.
The unit monitors data activity on port "A" for carrier presence (DCD) signal on Primary line Port A. If the unit is in the A position and activity is lost, the unit automatically switches to the B position. When carrier is detected on Port A, the unit will automatically return to the A position.
OPTION: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA terms.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies webpage
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de réseau, conmutador de red, switch di rete, przelacznik sieciowy, switch de rede, nätverksswitch,