PathWay® Model 4511 USB Type-A 5-to-1 Switch with Remote Control, No Enclosure
Switch between five USB devices without having to disconnect cables
Perfect to connect a computer to multiple USB devices
- PORT CONNECTORS: (6) USB Type-A connectors labeled A, B, C, D, E and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (5) Manual pushbuttons allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (5) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- BOARD DIMENSIONS: 7.5" W x 0.8" H x 6.0" D (19.1 x 2.0 x 15.2 cm)
- BRACKET DIMENSIONS: 7.9" W x 0.9" H x 7.3" D (20.1 x 2.3 x 18.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.7 lbs (0.8 kg)
USB Type-A 5-TO-1 Switch with RS232 Remote: (No Enclosure); Board is mounted in a bracket!
The drawing illustrates a COMMON device connected to the Type-A USB COMMON port with access to five USB Type-A interface devices connected to the USB Type-A ports A, B, C, D, and E. The COMMON Device has access to one Device at a time. The DB9 remote port can be used to control the switch remotely via ASCII RS232 Serial data commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of five USB Type-A interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (4) pins of the USB interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Switch powers up in last known position.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All Cables (LED, Push Button, Remote, Power and Ports) are 8ft in length. This makes the total USB signal path ~17FT, when accounting for the relay switching wire.
- Bracket mounting instructions are included in the manual.
The PathWay® Model 4511 USB 2.0 Type-A A/B/C/D/E Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single USB interface device connected to the Common Port among five other devices connected to the A, B, C, D and E ports with remote access functionality. Remote control access can be accomplished using ASCII RS232 commands.
The Model 4511 is comprised of boards, cables and connectors and strain relief bracket, ready for installation on a panel or other similar solution.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS232 serial port. The present switch position may be viewed on the front panel LED display or monitored via the REMOTE port.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Custom Network Switches are available. Contact us by phone, email, or complete the Online Custom Products Form, by clicking here.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our Copper Cable Assemblies Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.