Model 4506 USB Type-A A/B/C Switch with Remote Control, Desktop
Switch between three USB devices without having to disconnect cables
Share a USB device between 3 PC's
Perfect to connect a computer to multiple USB devices
- PORT CONNECTORS: (4) USB Type-A connectors labeled A, B, C and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies
- 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.1" W x 2.9" H x 7.27" D (20.6 x 7.4 x 18.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
USB A/B/C DESKTOP APPLICATION WITH REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates a computer connected to the COMMON port accessing three USB devices connected to the A, B, and C ports. The DB9 REMOTE port allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, change Switch Delay, set Default Power Up/Down position and obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch position, via RS232 serial data commands.
- Allows quick connection to any one of three USB Type-A interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (4) pins of the USB interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit can be configured to maintain last set position on power loss and continue to pass data or to switch to a Default Power Down position and continue to pass data.
- On power up, the unit can be configured to maintain its position or to switch to a Default Power Up position.
- Front panel pushbutton controls.
- REMOTE RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, change switch delay, set Default Power Up/Down position, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- If delayed switching is enabled, the LED for the selected position will flash rapidly while the unit is in a temporary Offline position.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- For a rackmount similar version, see Model 4507, Cat. No. 304507.
The PathWay® Model 4506 USB Type-A A/B/C Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single USB interface device connected to the Common Port among three other devices connected to the A, B, and C ports. The Model 4506 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure.
The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbuttons or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit.
The present switch position may be viewed on the front panel LED display or monitored via the REMOTE port located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SPECIFICATIONS: USB to DB9 Serial Converter Cable Available! If only USB ports are available on the computer or if a USB port is chosen to be used for any reason, a USB to DB9 serial converter cable will be needed. This cable can be provided by ESL under part number 528693.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.