PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, USB TYPE-A
Model 4502 USB Type-A A/B Switch with Remote Control, Desktop
Switch between two USB devices without having to disconnect cables
Share a USB device between 2 PC's
Perfect to connect a computer to multiple USB devices
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) USB Type A connectors labeled A, B, and Common.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit.Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Desktop configuration 8.10" W x 2.43" H x 7.33" D (20.6 x 6.2 x 18.7 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs (0.8 kg)
USB TYPE-A A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/RS232 REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates a computer connected to the COMMON port accessing two USB devices connected to the A and B ports. The DB9 REMOTE port allows the user to obtain switch position and lockout status using RS232 serial data commands as well as query firmware version, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two USB Type-A interface devices from one COMMON device!
- Compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 devices.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (4) pins of the USB interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Front-panel pushbutton control.
- The REMOTE RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 4502 USB Type-A A/B Switch with Remote Control allows the user the capability of sharing a single USB interface device connected to the COMMON port among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports. The Model 4502 is packaged in a slim desktop style enclosure. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from an RS232 serial port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED display or the REMOTE RS232 serial port (DB9) located on the rear of the unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC / 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
USB (Universal Serial Bus):
Designed to connect peripherals such as, keyboards, mice, scanners, digital cameras, printers, hard disks, and networking components to the PC USB interface.
To view the Model 4502 specifications in French, please click the following link: Spec pdf en Francais
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 4502 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This is the switch you need. It has been field-proven! Reliable! It comes complete with Tech Support.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export. Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur de données, interruptor de datos, dati interruttore, Przelacznik danych, comutador de dados.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.