Multi Interface Copper Network Switches
Cat5e Manual Network Switch, RJ45, BNC
Model 8442 Tri-Channel RJ45/BNC A/B Switch, Manual Operation
Simultaneously Switches 1 Channel RJ45 (Cat5e) and 2 Channels BNC (75 Ohm)
Increases network efficiency by facilitating sharing of peripherals.
Field Proven, Highly Reliable!
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (3) RJ45 (F), Category 5e connectors on rear panel
- (6) BNC (F) Connectors on rear panel
- CONTROLS: (1) Rotary Switch on front panel selects A or B.
- PINS SWITCHED:
- RJ45: All 8 Pins Switched
- BNC: Center Conductor and Shield
- POWER: No power required.
- ENCLOSURE: Desktop Aluminum Enclosure.
- DIMENSIONS: 8.10"W x 2.80"H x 8.03"D. (20.6 x 7.2 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 1.8 lbs. (0.8 kg)
TRI-CHANNEL RJ45/BNC MULTI-INTERFACE COPPER NETWORK APPLICATION:
The drawing illustrates one channel of Cat5e RJ45 A/B Switching and two channels of 75 Ohm BNC Interface A/B switching.
- Channel One (Cat5e) has an RJ45 interface device connected to the RJ45 COMMON port with access to two other RJ45 interface devices, connected to the RJ45 A and B ports, respectively.
- Channel Two and Channel Three (75 Ohm), each have a BNC device connected to its BNC COMMON port with access to two other devices BNC interface devices, connected to the BNC A and B ports respectively.
- Simultaneously switches all three multi-interface channels.
- Simultaneously switches one RJ45 Channel and two BNC channels locally via a knob located on the front panel.
- RJ45 channel tested for Cat5e compliance.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- Both the shield and center conductor of the 75 Ohm coaxial interface are switched via break-before-make rotary switch.
- All ports located on the rear panel: (3) RJ45 female and (6) BNC female
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Four threaded screw holes located on the bottom panel.
- Switching is manually operated. Requires no power.
- Custom length cables are available.
- For equivalent switch wired for 50 Ohm coax interface, See Model 8445, Cat No. 308445.
The LineSelect® Model 8442 Tri-Channel RJ45/BNC A/B Switch enables access to two devices per each of its three channels. Channel 1 allows access to RJ45 devices 1-A or 1-B. Channel 2 allows access to BNC devices 2-A or 2-B. Channel 3 allows access to BNC devices 3-A or 3-B. All channels are switched simultaneously. This network switch supports 8 pins for the RJ45 Cat5e interface, and supports both the center conductor and shield of the BNC interface. The LineSelect® Model 8442 is enclosed in a slim desktop style enclosure.
Check out suggested cables for use with the Model 8442 Switch.
|Suggested cables for use with Model 8442 Switch
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 ohm, 6ft. (M/M)
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 ohm, 10ft. (M/M)
BNC Coaxial Cable, 75 Ohm, (M/M) Custom Length
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.