Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7340 RJ45 CAT 5e On-Line/Off-Line Switch with Contact Control Remote Port, 1U Rackmount
Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the OFF-LINE position!
The Ultimate FIREWALL!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) RJ45 Female connectors labeled A and B.
- REMOTE CONTROL CONNECTOR: (1) DB9 female connector labeled REMOTE.
- FRONT PANEL LED DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position.
- POWER: UL approved 100 VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60 Hz, power module included with the unit supplies 12 VDC, 500 mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.15" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7340 Cat5e ONLINE/OFFLINE Application:
The application drawing illustrates an ONLINE/OFFLINE Switch showing Device A either connected to Device B or disconnected from Device B. In the OFFLINE position, port A is disconnected and isolated from port B. The DB9 Remote port accepts dry contact open / close logic to control the switch.
ONE RJ45 ONLINE/OFFLINE SWITCH: THREE REMOTE POSSIBILITIES:
SELECT THE REMOTE THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOUR APPLICATION.
- On-Line switch position connects port A to port B.
- Off-Line switch position disconnects and isolates port A from port B.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The DB9 Remote port provides access to remotely switch the unit.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely through contact closure.
- The unit maintains last set position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel LEDs display the present switch position and the switch power status.
- All (8) signals of the interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Pin 9 of the remote-control port has a 5-volt signal capable of providing up to 300 mA of current. (Model 7340B, only)
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Rackmount configuration is standard.
- Municipalities, schools, government: The Model 7340 is on GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V.
The PathWay® Model 7340 RJ45 CAT 5e On-Line/Off-Line network switch with Remote Port allow the user the capability of connecting two separate devices through ports A and B, via On-Line or Off-Line connection. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit.
The Model 7340 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding in a standard 19' rack.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC-240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7340 Single Channel RS232 A/B Switch, DB25 A/B Autosense unit is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.