Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, Cat5e
Model 7340B RJ45 CAT 5e OnLine/OffLine Switch with RS232 Remote Serial ASCII Remote Port, 1U Rackmount
- Absolutely NO data passes through the switch when in the OFFLINE position!
- The Ultimate FIREWALL!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (2) RJ45 Female connectors labeled A and B.
- REMOTE CONTROL CONNECTOR: (1) DB9 female connector labeled REMOTE.
- FRONT PANEL LED DISPLAY: (2) Red LED's display switch position.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60 Hz, power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19" W x 1.75" H x 8.15" D. (48.3 x 4.4 x 20.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg)
CAT5e ONLINE/OFFLINE APPLICATION: The application drawing illustrates an ONLINE/OFFLINE Switch showing Device A either connected to Device B or disconnected from Device B. In the OFFLINE position port A is disconnected and isolated from port B. The DB9 Remote port accepts ACSII RS232 Serial Data commands for Remote Control operation.
- On-Line switch position connects port A to port B.
- Off-Line switch position disconnects and isolates port A from port B.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- The DB9 Remote port provides access to remotely switch the unit.
- Front panel pushbutton control can be locked out remotely through contact closure.
- The unit maintains last set position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and the switch power status.
- All (8) signals of the interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Pin 9 of the remote control port has a 5 volt signal capable of providing up to 300 mA of current. (Model 7340B, only)
- Certified for Cat5e compliance.
- Rackmount configuration is standard.
The PathWay® Model 7340B RJ45 CAT 5e On-Line/Off-Line network switch with an RS-232 Remote Serial ASCII Remote Port allows the user the capability of connecting two separate devices through ports A and B, via On-Line or Off-Line connection. The switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Remote Control accepts RS-232 Serial ASCII commands to control the switch position.
The Model 7340B is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding in a standard 19" rack.
Optional Wide Range Power Supply: Cat No. 517277, CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC/240 VAC, 50Hz-60Hz can be ordered for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
Click Product Accessories Tab!
ONE RJ45 ONLINE/OFFLINE SWITCH: THREE REMOTE POSSIBILITIES:
SELECT THE REMOTE THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOUR APPLICATION.
Besides the Model 7340B with ASCII RS232 Serial Remote Control, See 7340 or 7340A.
For Contact Closure Remote Port, see Model 7340.
For Contact Closure Remote Port with Contact Closure Feedback, see Model 7340A.
PathWay® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For a custom switch call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data network switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.