Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7426 CAT5 RJ45 A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet and GUI Remote Control
- Certified for CAT5 (2 pair) Compliance
- Switch ANY RJ45 Cat5 (2 pair) interface.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (5) RJ45 female connectors are labeled A, B, C, D, and COMMON.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (4) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (4) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN access Ethernet and Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12 VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.24" D (48.3 x 4.4 x 21 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.3 lbs. (2.0 kg)
RJ45 CAT5 (2 PAIR) A/B/C/D APPLICATION w/TELNET & GUI: The drawing illustrates a single port interface connected to the RJ45 COMMON port sharing among four devices connected to the RJ45 A, B, C, and D ports. The RJ45 Remote port is a 10/100 Base-T LAN Environment and accepts Telnet Commands, or a Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation. The Model 7426 can switch "ANY" RJ45 Cat5 (2 pair) interface.
- Allows quick connection to any one of four RJ45 devices from one COMMON device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Pins 1, 2, 3 and 6 of the RJ45 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Switch maintains position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100Base-T LAN Ethernet environment. IP Addressable!
- Remote Control Telnet Command interface or Graphical User Interface that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, and query firmware version number.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Certified for Cat5 (2 pair) compliance.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provdes EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length RJ45 cables available for your switch installation.
The PathWay® Model 7426 RJ45 CAT5 A/B/C/D Switch with Telnet and GUI, Catalog No. 307426, allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port among four other devices connected to the A, B, C, and D ports with remote access functionality.
Remote Control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T connection and either Telnet commands or graphical user interface. The Model 7426 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shieldng and fit in a standard 19" rack.
OPTION: Wide Range Power Module: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC 50/60Hz in place of standard power module. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7426 LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: Model 7426 GUI in a standard Web Browser
*Graphical User Interface
- Select a position:
- Select Position A, B, C or D.
- Lock and unlock front panel pushbutton control.
- Query switch status.
- GUI is alerted to changes made by the front panel pushbutton.
- Access User interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7426.
- Users can change the switch's IP address.
- LAN access gives the users across the LAN or the Internet to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGE POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A","B","C", or "D" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Grapical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside of the GUI, such as by pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status.
Figure 3: The GUI is alerted to changes in the unit status.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Pathway® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.