PathWay® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RS530 DB25, Multi-drop Format
Model 7283 4-Channel RS530 A/B Switch with DB25 Interface, Dual Serial Remote Control Ports and Dual Power Supply Ports
Highest Reliability achieved through Redundant Remote Control and Redundant Power Supplies!
- PORT CONNECTORS: (12) DB25 (F) Connectors labeled A1, B1, COM1, A2, B2, COM 2, A3, B3, COM 3, A4, B4, COM 4.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton switches all four channels simultaneously.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- DUAL REMOTE CONTROL: (2) DB9 female connectors on rear panel accept multidrop RS232 for Remote Control operation.
- DUAL POWER: (2) Power Jacks on rear panel accept power from (2) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power modules, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz. (Included with the unit) (Cat No. 517277) Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 8.23" D. (48.2 x 8.9 x 21.0 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 6.6 lbs. (3.0 kg)
PathWay® Model 7283 4-Channel RS530 DB25 A/B Application with Redundant Remote and Power Ports:
The diagram illustrates a 4-Channel switch with simultaneous channel switching. Each channel has a COMMON port allowing one device connected to the DB25 COMMON port access to two other devices connected to the A and B DB25 ports. The switch diagram shows two DB9 Remote ports which accept multidrop RS232. The switch diagram also shows two power supplies ports which allow for two separate external power supplies for redundancy. See Cascade Application Illustration for Multi-drop format.
- All channels switch simultaneously.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status and firmware version number.
- Dual Remote RS232 ports support multi-drop format, allowing multiple units to be bussed together and commanded from a single host.
- Connecting the Serial Remote Port 1 of each Model 7283 unit in a multi-drop format will allow a command sent by the first serial control device to be heard by all connected Model 7283 units. Similarly, connecting the Serial Remote Port 2 of each Model 7283 unit allows a command sent from the second control device to be received by all connected Model 7283 units.
- Each unit is addressable, allowing the Remote RS232 commands to communicate with either a single unit or all units on the multi-drop bus.
- Dual Power Supply ports allow redundancy, automatically handling which supply sources power to the unit without any interruption.
- The unit maintains the last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Multiple Switches can be cascaded together for simultaneous switching. (See Cascade Application Illustration on page 2)
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7283 Quad Channel RS530 DB25 A/B Switch with Dual RS232 Remote and Dual Power allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB25 interface device connected to the "COMMON" port, among two other devices connected to the "A" and "B" ports, for each channel. The Model 7283 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from either of the DB9 Remote Control ports located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote ports provide control through RS232 Serial Commands and allow the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
PathWay® Model 7283 Quad Channel Cascade Application diagram:
- The diagram illustrates multiple switches cascaded together for simultaneous switching.
- Connecting the Serial Remote Port 1 of each Model 7283 unit in a multidrop format will allow a command sent by the first serial control device to be heard by all connected Model 7283 units.
- Similarly, connecting the Serial Remote Port 2 of each Model 7283 unit allows a command sent from the second control device to be received by all connected Model 7283 units.
CASCADE CABLES for Use with Model 7283
||DB9 Serial Y-Cable 2(M) to 1(F), 3 Foot Legs (w/thumbscrews)
||DB9(F) to DB9(F), 10 feet
||DB9(F) to DB9(M), 6 feet (w/thumbscrews)
CASCADE CABLE DRAWINGS for use with Model 7283
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7283 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.