Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch
Model 7272 Single Channel RS530 A/B Switch, DB25 Interface with Contact Control Remote Control Port
Also applicable to RS232 Serial Data Interface, DB25 Parallel Printer Interface, and ANY DB25 Connector Interface. (All DB25 pins are switched).
- PORT CONNECTORS:
- (2) DB25(F) port connectors labeled A and B on rear panel.
- (1) DB25(M) connector labeled COMMON on rear panel.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch state and power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts dry contact closure switch commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: Wide Range (Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC / 240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount configuration 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.17" H(48.3 x 4.4 x 20.8 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.4 lbs. (2.1 kg)
RS530 A/B SWITCH APPLICATION w/CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The diagram illustrates an RS530 COMMON device connected to the DB25 Male COMMON port with access to two RS530 devices connected to the DB25 female A and B ports. The DB9 Remote can be used to control the switch via contact closure signaling based on a set of specified pins.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25 devices from one COMMON device.
- A, B port connectors - DB25 (female)
- COMMON port connector - DB25 (male).
- Switches all (25) pins of the DB25 RS530 interface via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control via contact closure of specified pins of DB9 Remote port.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- When power is lost, unit retains last switch position and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, switch position will be determined by the state of contact command on REMOTE port.
- Wide range power supply is standard with this unit.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.
- *Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7272 Single Channel RS530 A/B Network Switch with DB25 connector interface supports connections between a single RS530 device or peripheral to be shared between two other devices or peripherals connected to ports A or B. These ports are also DB25 connectors and each supports an RS530 interface. The Model 7272 Single Channel switch is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19" rack.
The Model 7272 switch may be controlled manually via the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position state may be attained via the front panel LED.
Ask about our popular Model 900 EIA/TIA RS-530 Interface Analyzer
- Red and Green light emitting diodes indicate status of key signals at the EIA/TIA data interface.
- Easy to use, for fault isolation.
- Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7272 Single Channel RS530 A/B Switch, DB25 Interface w/Contact Closure Remote is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.