Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45
Model 7238E 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Telnet & GUI Remote Control
Applicable to switching ANY RJ45 interface networks or devices.
Over 45 years of being a key supplier to the MIL/COTS industry.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON for each of sixteen channels.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet for either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 10.5" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 26.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approximately 6.0 lbs. (2.8 kg)
PathWay® Model 7238E 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch Application with Remote Control (Telnet Commands / Graphical User Interface):
The diagram shows sixteen RJ45 Cat5 A/B channels. Each channel has a COMMON device with access to a Device connected to the A port or a device connected to the B port. All sixteen channels are simultaneously switched. The RJ45 10/100Base-T LAN Remote port allows control of the unit via either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All (8) pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position it was in at power down.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100-Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- Remote Control Telnet Command Interface and Remote Graphical User Interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Remote control of the switch is password protected, where the password protection can be disabled.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- For an 8 Channel version of this switch, see Model 7236E, Cat No 306236E
The PathWay® Model 7238E 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Ethernet Remote Control allows the user the capability of accessing one of two separate devices via a device connected into the Common port for each channel. The Model 7238E is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually by a front panel push button or remotely from an RJ45 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port located on the rear of the unit. Remote control access can be accomplished using an Ethernet 10/100Base-T LAN connection and either Telnet Commands or Graphical User Interface.
For an equivalent unit, having RS232 commands and Contact Closure, see Model 7238, Cat No 306238.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
UTILIZING THE USER FRIENDLY REMOTE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
To connect to the switch from a workstation or computer having access to the LAN that the Model 7238E LAN port is connected to, simply launch a standard web browser and type in the appropriate IP address. The Java Applet will be automatically uploaded from the switch upon connection. The environment requirement for the GUI is Java 1.7 and above.
Figure 1: Model 7238E GUI in a standard Web Browser
* Graphical User Interface
- Select a position:
- Select Position A or B switching all sixteen channels simultaneously.
- Lock and unlock front panel pushbutton control.
- GUI is alerted to changes made by front panel pushbutton
- Users can change the login password and/or the switch's IP address.
- Login: Password authentication can enabled or disabled.
- Access User Interface via standard web browser.
- Easy to use, simple point and click operation.
- Remotely access to control or monitor the Model 7238E 16-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch System.
- LAN access gives users across the LAN or over the Internet access to control if user network is configured accordingly.
CHANGING POSITION AND LOCK STATUS
To change the switch position, click on the radio button "A" or "B" as desired. Locking and unlocking the front panel pushbutton can be done by clicking on the "Locked" or "Unlocked" radio buttons. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: Change the switch position and lockout front-panel operation using the Main Panel of the Graphical User Interface.
QUERYING THE STATUS OF THE UNIT
Once connected, the GUI will stay up-to-date on the current position and status of the unit. Any changes that are made outside the GUI, such as by a pushbutton, will be reflected in the GUI. These changes will cause the radio buttons of the GUI to automatically change to show the new status. See Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Graphical User Interface is alerted to changes in the unit status including a change made by a front panel pushbutton.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.