Path Way® Model 7282 Dual Channel DB25 A/B Switch, with Dual RS232 Remote Control and Dual Power
Highest Reliability achieved through Redundant Remote Control and Redundant Power Supplies
- PORT CONNECTORS: (6) DB25(F) Connectors on rear panel labeled A1, B1, COM1, A2, B2, COM2
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton, switches both channels.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- DUAL REMOTE CONTROL: (2) DB9 female connectors on rear panel accept multidrop RS232 for Remote Control operation.
- DUAL POWER: (2) Power Jacks on rear panel accept power from (2) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power modules, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz (included with the unit) (Cat No 517277). Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for International applications.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount, 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.0" D. (48.2 x 4.4 x 20.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 6.3 lbs (2.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7282 Dual Channel DB25 A/B Switch, Dual RS232 Remote, Dual Power Applications:
The drawing illustrates two channels of DB25 AB switching. Both channels are switched simultaneously. A COMMON Device is connected to the DB25 COMMON port with access to two other devices connected to the DB25 A and B ports for each channel. The illustration shows Dual DB9 Remote Control ports that accept ASCII RS232 commands as well as support multi-drop format. The diagram shows that the unit allows two external power supplies to be connected to the switch for redundancy. See Multidrop features.
- Both channels are switched simultaneously.
- All (25) pins of the DB25 interface are switched via break-before-make electromechanical relays.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, and obtain switch status.
- Dual Remote RS232 ports support multi-drop format, allowing multiple units to be bussed together and commanded from a single host.
- Connecting the Serial Remote Port 1 of each Model 7282 unit in a multi-drop format will allow a command sent by the first serial control device to be heard by all connected Model 7282 units. Similarly, connecting to the Serial Remote Port 2 of each Model 7282 unit allows a command sent from the second control device to be received by all connected Model 7282 units.
- Each unit is addressable, allowing the Remote RS232 commands to communicate with either a single unit or all units on a multi-drop bus.
- Dual Power ports allow redundancy, automatically handling which supply sources power to the unit without any interruption.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The PathWay® Model 7282 Dual Channel DB25 A/B Switch with Dual RS232 Remote and Dual Power allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the A and B ports, for each channel. The Model 7282 is enclosed in a 2U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to provide EMI/RFI shielding and fit in standard 19" rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from either of the DB9 Remote Control ports located on the rear of the unit. The DB9 Remote ports provide control through RS232 Serial Commands and allow the user to both control and monitor the switch position remotely. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7282 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.