QuickSwitch® 6297 Single Channel OM3 LC Duplex A/OFFLINE/B Switch with Serial Remote
Switch as required between two networks while preserving the integrity of information on individual networks.
Absolutely NO DATA passes when switch is in the OFFLINE position.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) OM3 LC duplex female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON.
- FIBER: OM3 (Optical Multimode 3) 50/125 micron, wavelength 850 nm.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (3) Manual pushbuttons allow local switching.
- DISPLAY: (3) Front panel LED's display switch position, power status.
- REMOTE CONTROL: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts ASCII RS232 Serial Data for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: "WIDE RANGE" CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module (Cat.No. 517277) 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
- DIMENSIONS: 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 8.62" D. (20.3 x 4.4 x 21.9 cm).
- WEIGHT: Approximately 4.2 lbs (1.9 kg).
OM3 LC DUPLEX A/OFFLINE/B APPLICATION:
The diagram illustrates a Network connected to the OM3 LC Laser Enhanced Multimode COMMON port accessing two other Networks connected to the OM3 LC Laser Enhanced multimode A and B ports. The unit switches to the OFFLINE position before it switches to the "A" or the "B" position. The diagram also illustrates a DB9 Remote which accepts ASCII RS232 commands for remote control operation once the password is entered.
- Optical Multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for laser enhanced applications.
- Unit switches to OFFLINE position before switching to A or B.
- Access any one of two separate fiber optic networks from one computer.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- Unit reverts to the OFFLINE position on power loss and isolates all data.
- When power is restored, unit will remain in the OFFLINE position until commanded to change.
- Unit switches to OFFLINE position before switching to "A" or "B" position.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Password protected Remote Control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII Serial commands that allow the user to control the switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Ideal for fallback operations.
- Front panel LED's display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are LC Duplex, 50/125 Micron Laser Enhanced Multi-Mode, OM3 grade fiber, and support a wavelength of 850 nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Optical Multimode 3 (OM3) compliant for laser enhanced 10-Gigabit laser applications.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
The QuickSwitch® 6297 Single Channel OM3 LC Duplex A/OFFLINE/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user to the capability sharing a single port interface device connected to the COMMON port, among two other devices, connected to the "A" and "B" ports, with remote access functionality.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and the unit power status.
The QuickSwitch® 6297 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19" rack
Custom length rigorously tested and certified OM3 LC Duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch application.
TO READ THE ARTICLE: "HOW TO DETERMINE THE RIGHT FIBER OPTIC NETWORK BACKUP SWITCH FOR YOUR APPLICATION", click link to read as a pdf. You need Acrobat Reader to view the file.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online Custom Product Request form.
Electro Standards can supply all your Fiber Optic Cable requirements.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.