QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® Model 6291 Fiber Optic ST Duplex A/B Switch with Contact Control Remote Port and Gigabit Data Rate!
- Remote controlled switching via contact closure device or custom designed "Toggle Switch Cable".
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) fiber optic ST Duplex Multimode connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON are located on rear panel.
- PORT INTERFACE: Ports A, B, and COMMON accept fiber optic ST duplex multimode signals and cables. Fiber Size: 62.5/125 micron.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure from customer equipment or from ESL Remote Control Cable having a toggle switch at far end and DB9 (M) at near end. (ESL Catalog # 986479)
- CONTROL: (1) Pushbutton on front panel, allows switching to state A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's on front panel indicated switch status and power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 7.75" W x 7.25" D x 2.7" H (19.7 x 17.8 x 5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs (1.3 Kg).
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nanometers
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
FIBER OPTIC ST DUPLEX A/B SWITCH APPLICATION WITH DB9 CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a fiber optic network connected to the ST Duplex COMMON port with access to Fiber Optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B connected to the ST Duplex Ports A and B. A Remote Control Cable (Cat No 986479) is connected to the DB9 Remote Control port for use as a Remote Toggle Switch.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6291 Fiber Optic ST Duplex AB Switch allows a device connected to COMMON port access to the A or B port. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a remote toggle switch (ESL Cable P/N 986479) connected to the DB9 female interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two ST duplex fiber optic interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Manual control by the front panel pushbutton.
- Remote control through a remote toggle switch (ESL P/N 986479) connected to the DB9 remote port located on the rear panel.
- The switched Fiber Optic ST Duplex ports are transparent to all data.
- Switch position displayed on front panel LEDs.
- All fiber ports are ST duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The REMOTE port is compatible with Remote Toggle Cable, ESL Cat. No. 986479
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit switches based on state of contact closure.
- MEMS-Based 850nm Mirror switch supports Gigabit data rate.
- For a 850 nm version of this switch, see related products, QuickSwitch Model 6289, Catalog Number 306289
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
Electro Standards Laboratories provides fiber optic switches for all popular interfaces. Multiple channel switches and custom configurations are available on request. Call today to discuss your requirement.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE: (Cat No. 517277) CE, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ST/ST Fiber Optic Cables:
ST/ST, 62.5/125, PVC Multimode Fiber Optic Cables are ESL Cat. No. 981815.
(Note: Custom Length. State whether length is in feet or meters.)
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.