QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6291 Fiber Optic Mirror ST Duplex A/B Switch with Contact Control Remote Port and Gigabit Data Rate!
- Remote controlled switching via contact closure device or custom designed "Toggle Switch Cable".
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) fiber optic ST Duplex Multimode connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON are located on rear panel.
- PORT INTERFACE: Ports A, B, and COMMON accept fiber optic ST duplex multimode signals and cables. Fiber Size: 62.5/125 micron.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 (F) connector on rear panel accepts contact closure from customer equipment or from ESL Remote Control Cable having a toggle switch at far end and DB9 (M) at near end. (ESL Catalog # 986479)
- CONTROLS: (1) Pushbutton on front panel, allows switching to state A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) LED's on front panel indicated switch status and power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 7.75" W x 7.25" D x 2.7" H (19.7 x 17.8 x 5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs (1.3 Kg).
- WAVELENGTH: 1300 nm
ST DUPLEX FIBER OPTIC A/B APPLICATION: The drawing illustrates a fiber optic network connected to the ST Duplex COMMON port with access to Fiber Optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B connected to the ST Duplex Ports A and B. A Remote Control Cable (Cat No 989479) is connected to the DB9 Remote Control port for use as a Remote Toggle Switch.
QuickSwitch® 6291 Fiber Optic ST Duplex AB Switch allows a device connected to COMMON port access to the A or B port. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from a remote toggle switch (ESL Cable p/n 986479) connected to the DB9 female interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
Model 6291 QuickSwitch Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- Allows quick connection to any one of two ST duplex fiber optic interface devices from one COMMON device.
- Manual control by the front panel pushbutton.
- Remote control through a remote toggle switch (ESL P/N 986479) connected to the DB9 Remote port located on the rear panel.
- MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology supports Gigabit data rates.
- The switched Fiber Optic ST Duplex ports are transparent to all data.
- Switch position displayed on front panel LEDs.
- All fiber ports are ST duplex, multimode, 62.5/125 micron and support a wavelength of 1300nm.
- The REMOTE port is compatible with Remote Toggle Cable, ESL Cat. No. 986479
- Retains last switch position in the event of a power loss and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, unit switches based on state of contact closure.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This products is on GSA Schedule!
Electro Standards Laboratories provides fiber optic switches for all popular interfaces. Multiple channel switches and custom configurations are available on request. Call today to discuss your requirement.
Option Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here or on GSA icon for details.
For an 850 nm version of this switch, see QuickSwitch 6289 on Related Products tab.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Fiber Optic Switch Form: /Products-Custom/Fiber-Switch/
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Categories Webpage:
/Products-By-Category/?catid=33&category=Cables, Fiber Optic Network&filter=
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.