QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, ST Duplex
QuickSwitch® Model 6289 Fiber Optic ST Duplex A/B Switch with Contact Control Remote Port
- Remote controlled switching via contact closure device or
custom designed "Toggle Switch Cable."
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) Fiber Optic ST Duplex multimode connectors, A, B, and COMMON are located on the rear panel.
- PORT INTERFACE: Ports A, B, and COMMON accept fiber optic ST duplex multimode signals and cables.
- SUPERVISORY REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts contact closure from customer equipment or from ESL Remote Control Cable having a toggle switch at far end and DB9 (M) at near end (ESL Catalog # 986479).
- CONTROL: (1) Front-panel pushbutton to select A or B.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front-panel red LEDs display switch position A or B and indicate power presence.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 7.75" W x 7.25" D x 2.7" H (19.7 x 17.8 x 5.1 cm)
- WEIGHT: 2.8 lbs. (1.3 kg)
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nanometers.
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 Micron
FIBER OPTIC ST DUPLEX A/B SWITCH APPLICATION WITH DB9 CONTACT CLOSURE REMOTE:
The drawing illustrates a fiber optic network connected to the ST Duplex COMMON port with access to Fiber Optic Network A and Fiber Optic Network B connected to the ST Duplex Ports A and B. A Remote Control Cable (Cat No 986479) is connected to the DB9 Remote Control port for use as a Remote Toggle Switch.
The QuickSwitch® Model 6289 Fiber Optic Gigabit ST Duplex A/B Switch allows a device connected to COMMON port access to the A or B port. The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton(s) or remotely from a remote toggle switch (ESL Cable P/N 986479) connected to the DB9 female interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
- Manual control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Remote control through a remote toggle switch (ESL P/N 986479) connected to the DB9 remote port located on the rear panel.
- The switch keeps synchronized with the remotely located toggle switch by monitoring the Remote Port for changes in the toggle switch position.
- Switch position is displayed on front panel LEDs.
- The switched Fiber Optic ST Duplex ports are transparent to all data.
- MEMS-Based 850nm Mirror switch supports Gigabit data rate.
- For a 1300 nm version of this switch, see related products, QuickSwitch Model 6291, Catalog Number 306291
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
ST/ST Fiber Optic Cables:
ST/ST, 62.5/125, PVC Multimode Fiber Optic Cables are ESL Cat. No. 981815.
(Note: Custom Length. State whether length is in feet or meters.)
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.