QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6270 Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B Mirror Switch
with Remote Serial Control
- CONNECTORS: Ports A, B and COMMON are Fiber Optic SC duplex ports.
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
- FIBER OPTIC PORT INTERFACE: Ports A, B and COMMON are fiber optic SC duplex multimode 62.5/125 micron ports that accept standard fiber SC duplex connectors.
- REMOTE PORT INTERFACE: RS232 (DB9) serial port, 9600 bps, located on rear of unit, may be connected to any standard RS232 port of a computer.
- CONTROLS: Manual pushbutton or via remote DB9 RS232 serial port.
- DISPLAY: Front panel LED or computer terminal via remote port.
- POWER: UL approved, 100VAC/240VAC 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has a 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: 1.75" H X 8" D X 19" W. (4.4 x 20.3 x 48.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: 4.5 lbs. (2.0 Kg)
Option: Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277)CE, RoHS and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC/240VAC, 50/60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
SC DUPLEX FIBER NETWORK APPLICATION: A Fiber Optic Network is connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port allowing access to two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex A and B ports. The DB9 remote allows control and monitoring of the switch using ASCII RS232 commands.
QuickSwitch® 6270 AB Fiber Optic Network Switch enables a device connected to the COMMON port to access either of two separate Fiber Optic networks via SC duplex ports. Model 6270 utilizes MEMS-based (Micro Electro Mechanical System) multimode switches. The switch position of the Model 6270 can be controlled manually via a front panel pushbutton or remotely using the rear-panel RS-232 serial port. Once connected to the remote port, the computer can use any common terminal emulation software to manipulate the controls and monitor the switch position.
Model 6270 QuickSwitch Fiber Optic Switch Features:
- Access either of two SC Duplex Fiber Optic networks from one computer connected to an SC Duplex COMMON port.
- MEMS-based (Micro Electro Mechanical System) multimode mirror switch, 850nm.
- Manual control by the front panel pushbutton.
- Remote control through RS232 (DB9) serial port.
- Switch position displayed on front panel LED or on computer terminal via remote port.
- Insertion losses are less than 1.0 dB.
- The switched Fiber Optic SC Duplex ports are transparent to data and speed.
- In the event of a power failure, the Model 6270 A/B fiber optic network switch will remain in its current position and continue to allow the unit to pass data.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
|This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
| SC connector offers excellent packing density, and its push-pull design resists fiber end face contact damage during connection. Ceramic connectors provide low signal loss, high reliability and long life.
For a 1300 nm version of this switch, see Related Products QuickSwitch 6271.
Electro Standards can supply all of your Fiber Optic Cable requirements. Please click here to reach our Fiber Optic Cable Webpage.
QuickSwitch® ® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
For custom fiber optic network switches contact our friendly sales support staff at 401-943-1164; or email: email@example.com, or complete our On-Line Custom Product Request Form.
All data switch boxes, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica, switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.