QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Network Switch, SC Duplex
QuickSwitch® 6270 Fiber Optic SC Duplex A/B Mirror Switch with Remote Serial Control
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) SC duplex fiber optic connectors labeled A, B and COM.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROL: (1) Manual pushbutton control allows local switching.
- DISPLAY: (2) Red, front panel LED’s indicate switch position, and power status
- REMOTE PORT: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 ASCII Serial data commands for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved, 100VAC-240VAC 50Hz-60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has a 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount Configuration, 1.75" H X 8.6" D X 19" W. (4.5 x 21.9 x 48.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: 4.2 lbs. (2.0 kg)
- FIBER SIZE: 62.5/125 micron
- WAVELENGTH: 850 nm.
QuickSwitch® 6270 SC Duplex Fiber Optic Network Application with RS232 Remote Control: (850 nm, Multimode)
A Fiber Optic Network is connected to the SC Duplex COMMON port allowing access to two other Fiber Optic Networks connected to the SC Duplex A and B ports. The DB9 remote allows control and monitoring of the switch using ASCII RS232 commands.
- Access either of two SC Duplex Fiber Optic networks from one computer connected to an SC Duplex COMMON port.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All fiber signals are switched via break-before-make MEMS-based mirror/prism switch technology.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- Remote Control RS232 ASCII command interface that allows the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as, query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Front panel LED’s display present position and power status.
- All A, B, and COM ports are SC Duplex, Multi-mode, 62.5/125 micron, and support a wavelength of 850nm.
- The fiber ports are configured per TIA/EIA-568-B.3, where the TX of the COM port is routed to the RX of the A/B ports and vice versa.
- Custom length rigorously tested and certified SC duplex fiber optic cables available for your switch installation.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product is on GSA Schedule!
- For an 1300 nm version of this switch, See QuickSwitch® 6271, Cat No 306271!
The QuickSwitch® 6270 Single Channel SC Duplex A/B Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device connected to the “COMMON” port among two other devices connected to the “A” and “B” ports, with remote access functionality. The QuickSwitch® 6270 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Female Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
SC connector offers excellent packing density, and its push-pull design resists fiber end face contact damage during connection. Ceramic connectors provide low signal loss, high reliability, and long life. Call for custom length fiber optic cables. Have them shipped along with your unit.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE (Cat. No. 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz-60Hz for use in place of the standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 6270 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our FIBER OPTIC CABLE Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online custom product request form.
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
QuickSwitch® Fiber Optic Switches are available in many configurations: auto fallback, switch/converters, multimode & single mode, and secure off-line positions. Interfaces include: SC, ST, LC, and ESCON. Check out our complete line of QuickSwitch® fiber optic switches.
QuickSwitch® is a registered trademark of Electro Standards Laboratories.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateurs à fibres optiques, interruptores de fibra óptica, switch in fibra ottica , switches de fibra óptica, fiberoptiska switcher.