Path Way® Remotely Controllable Network Switch, RJ45
Model 7236 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with Remote Access
Applicable to switching ANY RJ45 interface networks or devices.
Over 45 years of being a key supplier to the MIL/COTS industry.
- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON
- for each of eight channels.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) DB9 female connector on rear panel accepts RS232 Serial Data or contact closure for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC-240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC, 500mA to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- ENCLOSURE: All aluminum enclosure designed to be EMI/RFI resistant.
- DIMENSIONS: Rackmount 19.0" W x 1.75" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 4.5 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 6.3 lbs. (3.9 kg)
PathWay® Model 7236 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch Application with Remote Control: (RS232 Serial Remote or Contact Closure Remote Operation)
The diagram shows eight RJ45 A/B channels. Each channel has a COMMON device with access to a Device connected to the A port or a device connected to the B port. The DB9 Remote port allows control of the unit via RS232 ASCII commands or Contact Closure for Remote Operation.
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- The switch ports are transparent to all data.
- All 8 pins of the RJ45 interface are switched via a break-before-make electromechanical relay.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- Upon power restore, the unit will remain in the position is was on power down.
- Simultaneous control of all channels.
- Front panel pushbutton control.
- The REMOTE port accepts RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, lockout front panel operations, obtain switch status, as well as query firmware version number, query serial number, and enable/disable autosend of switch positions.
- Remote Contact Closure control provides dry contact logic to allow control of the switch position.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Municipalities, schools, government: This product on GSA Schedule!
- For an 16 Channel version of this switch, see Model 7238, Cat No 306238
The PathWay® Model 7236 8-Channel RJ45 A/B Switch with RS232, Contact Closure Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single port interface device, connected to the “COMMON” port, among two other devices, connected to the “A” and “B” ports, for each channel, with remote access functionality. The Model 7236 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal, black chassis designed to fit in a standard 19” rack.
The switch may be controlled manually by a front panel pushbutton or remotely from the RS232 Serial and Contact Closure port located on the rear of the unit. Switch position status may be attained via the front panel LED Display, or the Remote RS232 Serial port located on the rear of the unit.
For an equivalent unit, but also having Ethernet Remote Port, IP Addressable (with GUI), see Model 7236E, Cat No 306236E.
OPTION: WIDE RANGE POWER MODULE
(Cat No 517277) CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module, 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50Hz/60Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.
This high-quality network switch is available to city, state, and federal government purchasers at a discounted price and favorable payment and shipping terms via GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Click here for GSA details.
Model 7236 is available to government purchasers on our GSA Schedule GS-35F-0286V. Call for discounted price and terms.
Electro Standards can supply all your Network Cable requirements. Click here to reach our CABLES, COPPER NETWORK Webpage.
For custom network switches call our friendly customer support staff at 401-943-1164, email email@example.com, or complete our online form: /Products-Custom/Copper-Switch/
All data switches, data communication products, and data acquisition products are subject to a one year warranty against manufacturing defects. The limit of ESL liability is limited to the cost of the ESL product provided.
*Prices online are subject to change and verification.
All ESL products are available for export.
Electro Standards welcomes International inquiries: commutateur d'ordinateur, equipo interruptor, interruttore del calcolatore, interruptor do computador, dator switch.